Monday 30 November 2020

Plaid tidings poinsettia Christmas card

 Hi Everyone,



Today I have made a pretty Christmas card using the lovely Plaid Tidings designer series paper with Poinsettia and Tasteful Labels dies. Let me show you how I made it.

Materials

1 piece of real red card stock 5 7/8" x 8 1/4", scrap for the sentiment
1 piece of basic black card stock 4" x 5 3/4"
1piece of whisper white card stock 3 7/8" x 5 5/8"
1 piece of Plaid Tidings dsp 3 7/8" x 5 5/8"
Scraps of red, silver and green foil for the embellishments
Poinsettia dies
Stampin Cut and Emboss machine
Sprig Punch
Tasteful Labels dies
Memento Black ink
Real red ink
Itty Bitty Christmas stamp set
Black glitter gem (from my stash)
Trimmer
Simply scored
Bone folder
Multipurpose adhesive
Dimensionals

Instructions

On the long side score the real red card at 4 1/8" and fold and burnish to make the card base.

Adhere the basic black and the dsp to the card front leaving equal borders between and around them.

Run the poinsettia flower and leaf dies through the Stampin Cut and Emboss, cut one of each set of petals and three leaves. Die cut the label in real red card.

Punch out two sprigs in silver foil with the Sprig Punch.

Layer the flower together, curl the petals and leaves with the bone folder to give them some dimension, add the leaves and the sprigs to the back and then add to the card front using dimensionals.

Stamp on the label using memento black ink and then add to the card front with dimensionals.

Stamp a sentiment on the whisper white layer using real red ink and then adhere to the inside of the card.

Here are a few other examples I have made with this layout.





I hope that you like my card and will give it a try.

If you would like to see more of my Blog Posts, sign up to the email alert over in the right hand side bar of the page.

If you would like to join my Team or become one of my Discount Shoppers, you can message me on my Facebook Page at www.facebook.com/craftykarendesigns or via the Contact Me box below this Blog.

If you are interested in taking part in some challenges and having crafty chats with like minded people and a bit of a laugh, pop over to Crafty and Banter on Facebook (link in the side bar). This is a new group that some crafty friends and I are trying to get up and running and we would love your company.

Happy Crafting,


Karen XXX



Product List

2 comments: