Wednesday 25 November 2020

Decorated Mini Paper Pumpkin Box

 Hi Everyone,


Today I have decorated a Mini Paper Pumpkin Box using the Curvy Celebrations Bundle and the Poinsettia dies as part of a showcase of projects that I made for a Team Pootlers event.  Let me show you how I made it:

Materials

1 mini paper pumpkin box
1 sheet of 6" x 6" dsp (I've used Classic Christmas)
Scraps of So Saffron card stock for the flowers
Scraps of gold foil for the sprigs
Scrap of whisper white for the sentiment mat
Stitched so sweetly dies
Curvy dies
Stampin Cut and Emboss machine
Crumb cake ink
Quite Curvy stamp set
Poinsettia dies
Multipurpose adhesive
Rhinestones
Trimmer
Bone folder

Instructions

Assemble the paper pumpkin box, it goes together really quickly, just fold on the lines and it just clicks into place.

Run the dsp through the die cutting machine using the die of your choice, I have just used the one with the row of holes.  You will need the trim the excess from these pieces but it depends on how big a gap you want between them so measure it against the top of the box and then trim accordingly. I then glued on the bottom section so I could stamp the design.

Stamp the design across the box following the curves.

Then adhere the top section of the dsp to the box, again you will have to trim it down.

Run the so saffron card through the die cutting machine to cut out one full set of petals for the 3 layer flower and 2 of the smaller complete flowers. Then die cut 2 springs from the gold foil.

Layer up the flowers and curl the petals with a bone folder and glue them together and add the sprigs to the back.  I have trimmed a couple of tiny pieces from the main sprigs to add to the smaller flower. Add a rhinestone to each flower centre and then add to the box with adhesive.

Stamp a sentiment on the scrap of whisper white and then die cut with the smallest scalloped rectangle die and add to the box with glue.

There you are, a pretty box ready to give someone the perfect gift.  I hope that you like it.

If you would like to see more of my Blog Posts, sign up to the email alert over in the right hand side bar of the page.

If you would like to join my Team or become one of my Discount Shoppers, you can message me on my Facebook Page at www.facebook.com/craftykarendesigns or via the Contact Me box below this Blog.

If you are interested in taking part in some challenges and having crafty chats with like minded people and a bit of a laugh, pop over to Crafty and Banter on Facebook (link in the side bar). This is a new group that some crafty friends and I are trying to get up and running and we would love your company.

Happy Crafting,


Karen XXX



Product List

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm loving your curvy projects Karen and the colour combo is gorgeous. I finally gave in and bought them yesterday lol xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jane xx They take a little playing with to get used to them but I really like them now xx

      Delete