Tuesday 24 November 2020

Curvy Ornate Garden Desk Calendar

 Hi Everyone,


Today i thought I would make a desk calendar using some scraps and the new Quite Curvy bundle. Now, normally I would make lots of these for my craft fairs but due to COVID, they have been non existent this year and unlikely to start again until mid way through 2021 as it's always very quite up until about Easter time.  So, this year I am only making a few as little gifts and I am using up scraps of designer series paper. Let me show you how I made this one.

Materials

1 piece of old olive card stock 4 1/8" x 11 3/4" (full length of A4)
1 piece of whisper white card stock 4" x 5"
1 piece of dsp 3 7/8" x 4 7/8"
Scrap of whisper white 2 1/2" x 4" to die cut
Curvy dies
Quite Curvy stamp set
Old olive ink
Stampin Cut and Emboss machine
Stampin Blends or colouring pencils
Early espresso ink
Multipurpose adhesive
Simply scored
Bone folder
Trimmer

Instructions

On the long side score the old olive card stock at 5 1/8", 10 1/4", 10 3/4", 11 1/4" and fold and burnish the score lines so that the smaller ones make an accordion fold which will make the calendar stand up. 

Run the 2 1/2" x 4" piece of whisper white through the die cutting machine using one of the curvy dies, I've used the lacy one for this.

Stamp one of the birds on the left hand side of this strip and the sentiment towards the right and colour in the bird.

Adhere this curved strip to the top of the dsp, matching the edges and trim off any excess from the back.

Adhere this layer to the whisper white mat and add your calendar in the centre.

Now fold up the base and adhere the bottom of it together to form the stand and then add the decorated layer to the front.

I hope that you like this cute little calendar and will give it a try.

If you would like to see more of my Blog Posts, sign up to the email alert over in the right hand side bar of the page.

If you would like to join my Team or become one of my Discount Shoppers, you can message me on my Facebook Page at www.facebook.com/craftykarendesigns or via the Contact Me box below this Blog.

If you are interested in taking part in some challenges and having crafty chats with like minded people and a bit of a laugh, pop over to Crafty and Banter on Facebook (link in the side bar). This is a new group that some crafty friends and I are trying to get up and running and we would love your company.

Happy Crafting,


Karen XXX


Product List

2 comments: