Monday 23 November 2020

Magenta Madness Curvy Card with Butterflies

 Hi Everyone,


I made this card for as part of my showcase of the Curvy Celebrations Suite of products for a Pootlers Team event.  I wanted to show how easy it was to use these dies to showcase any sort of designer series papers and I chose one of my favourite colours and teamed it with my very favourite butterflies from the Butterfly Gala stamp set. Let me show you how I made it:


Materials

1 piece of magenta madness card stock 5 7/8" x 8 1/4"
2 pieces of whisper white card stock 3 7/8" x 5 5/8", 1 piece 3 1/4" x 5 5/8", scraps for the butterflies
4 strips of dsp (In colour dsp stack) 3/4" x 5 5/8"
Magenta madness ink
Curvy dies
Quite Curvy stamp set
Butterfly Gala stamp set
Butterfly Duet Punch
Multipurpose adhesive
Dimensionals
Trimmer
Stampin Cut and Emboss machine
Simply Scored
Bone Folder
paper snips

Instructions

On the long side score the magenta madness card stock at 4 1/8" and fold and burnish to make the card base.

Arrange the strips of dsp on the smallest piece of whisper white leaving a tiny border between each one and adhere in place.

Run this piece through the Stampin Cut and Emboss machine using the curvy die to cut across it in portrait layout.

Adhere the bottom half of the die cut to the centre of one of the whisper white layers so that it butts up right against the bottom of the card.

Stamp the sentiment on this whisper white layer, just above the die cut, you can bend these dies to make them follow the curve.

Then add the other half of the die cut above the sentiment and trim off the excess from the back with your paper snips.

Stamp two sets of butterflies on the scrap of whisper white and then punch them out.  Adhere the smaller one to the top of the larger one and bend up the wings. Add a dimensional to each of them and arrange on the front of the card.

Stamp a sentiment on the other piece of whisper white and adhere to the inside of the card.

I hope that you like my card and will give it a try.

If you would like to see more of my Blog Posts, sign up to the email alert over in the right hand side bar of the page.

If you would like to join my Team or become one of my Discount Shoppers, you can message me on my Facebook Page at www.facebook.com/craftykarendesigns or via the Contact Me box below this Blog.

If you are interested in taking part in some challenges and having crafty chats with like minded people and a bit of a laugh, pop over to Crafty and Banter on Facebook (link in the side bar). This is a new group that some crafty friends and I are trying to get up and running and we would love your company.

Happy Crafting,


Karen XXX


Product List

2 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous card. Love how you've used the curvy dies. Have a good week xx

    ReplyDelete