Thursday 5 November 2020

Crafty Blog Hops - Masculine Coming Home Card

Hi Everybody,




Today I am hopping with the Crafty Blog Hop group and the theme is 'masculine'.  This is a theme I really struggle with but I thought I would team up the lovely Plaid Tidings (this paper reminds me of my late dad's shirts, he wore lots of plaid) and the Coming Home stamp set. I don't do much colouring normally either so this is completely out of my comfort zone, I hope that you like it.

Materials 

1 piece of basic black card stock 5 7/8" x 8 1/4"
1 piece of Plaid Tidings dsp 4" x 5 3/4"
1 piece of whisper white 3 7/8" x 5 5/8" and 1 piece 3 1/2" x 5 1/4"
Coming Home stamp set
Happiest of Birthdays stamp set
Basic Grey ink
Old olive ink
Memento black ink
Crumb Cake Stampin Blends
Daffodil Delight Stampin Blends
Bermuda BayStampin Blends
Pacific point Stampin Blends
Smoky Slate Stampin Blends
Multipurpose adhesive
Trimmer

Instructions

Score the basic black card on the long side at 4 1/8" and fold and burnish to make the card base.

Adhere the plaid tidings dsp to the card front leaving a tiny border all the way around it.

I've stamped a scene on the smaller piece of whisper white (I wanted to show off plenty of the dsp too) and coloured it with Blends. Then I stamped a sentiment and adhered it to the card front.

I've stamped another sentiment on the piece for the inside and then glued that to the inside of the card.

This stamp set is a lovely one to work with, you could build up a whole street with it.  As I said earlier, I am not great at colouring so I don't do much of it but Stampin Blends make it much easier, you don't have to be an expert.  I'm going to practice more.

Please pop over to see what everyone else has made for this theme by following the links


If you would like to see more of my Blog Posts, sign up to the email alert over in the right hand side bar of the page.

If you would like to join my Team or become one of my Discount Shoppers, you can message me on my Facebook Page at www.facebook.com/craftykarendesigns or via the Contact Me box below this Blog.

If you are interested in taking part in some challenges and having crafty chats with like minded people and a bit of a laugh, pop over to Crafty and Banter on Facebook (link in the side bar). This is a new group that some crafty friends and I are trying to get up and running and we would love your company.

Happy Crafting,


Karen XXX



Product List

21 comments:

  1. A great card Karen - my late Dad used to wear those plaid shirts too! lol xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card Karen - great idea to use this set!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice, that plaid paper is one of my favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brilliant design of card - I love it x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing your great card

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautiful card! thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete