Friday 10 January 2020

Magnolia Lane Cut Out Card

Hi Everyone,

I'm challenging myself to try new techniques, so today I have made a card and partially cut out the image to make a decorative front. I hope you like it.  Click on the link below to watch the video tutorial.



Materials

1 piece of card stock 5 7/8" x 8 1/4"
1 piece of co ordinating dsp 2" x 6" (I've used Magnolia Lane)
Good Morning Magnolia stamp set
Magnolia Memory dies
Die cutting machine
Early espresso ink
Multipurpose adhesive

Instructions

Score the card stock on the long side at 4 1/8", fold and burnish to make a card base.

Stamp the large magnolia die in the centre of the card front.

Place the die on the image and keep in place with washi tape if required, place the top plate of your die cutting machine about half way across the image so that only half of the image will be cut out and run through the machine.

Put the card front in the trimmer and remove the card that is still attached, in a straight line top and bottom to leave the flower image overhanging the rest of the card (see picture).  This is explained much better  in the video - check it out


Adhere the dsp layer to the inside of the card so that it lies behind your flower image and trim any excess off from the back of the card.

Stamp a sentiment on the inside of the card and on the top left hand of the card front.

I hope you like this card and will give it a try.
If you would like to see more of my Blog Posts, sign up to the email alert over in the right hand side bar of the page.

If you would like to join my Team or become one of my Discount Shoppers, you can message me on my Facebook Page at www.facebook.com/craftykarendesigns or via the Contact Me box below this Blog.















Happy crafting,

Karen XX



Product List

2 comments: