Wednesday 1 January 2020

Garden Lane Notebook Folder

Hi Everyone,


One of my New Year Resolutions for 2020 is to try and be more organised as I have a dreadful memory so I wanted to make a little  notebook that I could throw in my handbag and that wouldn't get trashed in amongst the junk that we all keep in there. Goodness knows why we carry so much about with us on a daily basis but we do.  I found this cute notebook on YouTube (Mixed Up Crafts) and decided it was just what I needed, so I will show you how I made  it.

 This is Project No 1 of #31dayscraftchallenge set by #scrimpingmommy over on her YouTube channel, I am hoping that it will encourage me to craft and blog more this year.

Materials

1 piece of designer series paper 9 1/4" x 4 1/2" (I used Garden Lane)
2 x 12 sheets of cheap copy paper cut at 6 1/2" x 4 1/4" 
Piece of elastic cord approx 12" long
1/8" hole punch
1 laminating pouch
2 velcro dots
Detailed Trio Punch

Instructions

Fold the copy paper in half to make two booklets to go inside the folder.

On the long side, score the dsp at 3 3/8", 3 7/8", 7 3/8" and 7 7/8" and fold and burnish the score lines. Round the corners on the 1 3/8" piece at the end which will form the fold over flap.

Place the folder inside a laminating pouch and run through the laminator (I do this twice) and then trim off the excess.  Again round the corners on the flap through the laminated layer.

Fold along the score lines again to get the folder into shape.

There are two 1/2" spine sections and on the one furthest away from the fold over flap, punch two holes top and bottom for the elastic cord to go through (see photo). Thread the cord through all four holes going from bottom to top and then top to bottom to give two long threads to feed the papers through, pull taught and tie in a knot to secure and trim off the excess. Move the knot along so that it will be hidden on the inside of the folder in the paper.


Fold the paper booklets through the cord, one booklet on each cord length.

Add a velcro dot top and bottom of the inside on the fold over flap, close the folder so that the other half attaches to the front of the piece underneath, this will keep folder closed.

Finished, a quick and easy little folder to keep in the your bag, you can just replace the paper when its finished.  I hope you like this project and will give it a try.

If you would like to see more of my Blog Posts, sign up to the email alert over in the right hand side bar of the page.

If you would like to join my Team or become one of my Discount Shoppers, you can message me on my Facebook Page at www.facebook.com/craftykarendesigns or via the Contact Me box below this Blog.















Happy crafting,

Karen XX

 Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment