Sunday 26 January 2020

Birthday Bonanza Colour Challenge

Hi Everyone,

Today I am taking part in a Colour Challenge in a Facebook Craft Group.  The challenge was to use Soft Sea Foam, Call me Clover and Pineapple Punch, not three colours that I would think of putting together and I scratched my head for a while, but here is what I came up with.  Challenges are a great way of getting you to do things that you haven't done before, trying different techniques or colour combinations, they are great fun and get your crafty mojo going. I have also been taking part in a #31dayscraftchallenge, which has been really challenging and great fun, all of the projects that I have made for this challenge are listed in the month of January 2020 on the side bar or the screen.

Materials

1 piece Call Me Clover card stock 8 1/4" x 5 7/8"
1 piece of Birthday Bonanza dsp 5 5/8" x 3 7/8" and a scrap 2"x 5 5/8" for the inside
1 piece of whisper white card stock 5 1/8" x 3 5/8"
Scraps of pineapple punch for the balloons
Birthday Buddies stamp set
Bonanza Dies
Die cutting machine
Dimensionals
Multipurpose adhesive
Memento black ink
Soft sea foam ink
Call me clover ink

Instructions

Fold the call me clover card stock in half to form a tent fold card and burnish.

Adhere the dsp layer to the front of the card. I had a 6" x 6" piece of dsp so the bit that I cut off is the piece that I stuck on the inside of the card, it was just a leftover and it doesn't have to be this big.

Stamp a row of parcels along the bottom of the whisper white layer, in whatever order you like, I don't have pineapple punch ink so I just used the two green colours.  Stamp the balloon strings as though they are coming up from the parcels and stamp bows on the smaller parcels.

As I don't have the yellow ink, I die cut 6 balloons from the pineapple punch card stock and then glued four in place and added the last two with dimensionals on the top.  Stamp the sentiment in call me clover ink and then add the stamped piece to the front of the card with dimensionals.  I have also stamped another sentiment on the inside of the card.

Try a challenge, give it a go and see how you get on.

If you would like to see more of my Blog Posts, sign up to the email alert over in the right hand side bar of the page.

If you would like to join my Team or become one of my Discount Shoppers, you can message me on my Facebook Page at www.facebook.com/craftykarendesigns or via the Contact Me box below this Blog.















Happy crafting,

Karen XX





Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment