Saturday 25 June 2022

Lights Aglow Gift Box - Ink, Stamp, Share Blog Hop

 Hi Everyone,





Today I've made a gift box for a tube of hand cream using the lovely new Lights Aglow designer series paper which is coming soon in the July-December Mini Catalogue.  It's nice to be able to make a box or a bag for a fairly inexpensive gift and make it look more expensive. It's quite a good size box 5" high, 2 1/2" wide and1 1/2" deep and I've deliberately chosen a neutral sort of dsp so it could be for anyone, I just happened to have some hand cream on my desk. Let me show you how I made it.

Materials

1 piece of Evening Evergreen card stock 9" x 8 1/4", scrap for the sentiment
2 pieces of dsp 4 3/4" x 2 1/4", 2 pieces 4 3/4" x 1 1/4"
Scrap of very vanilla for the sentiment, scraps of red for punching out stars
Approx 16" ribbon
Starlit Punch
Double Oval Punch
Real Red or Cherry Cobbler ink
Charming Sentiments stamp set
Trimmer
Simply Scored
Bone Folder
Paper Snips
Multipurpose adhesive
Dimensionals
Take Your Pick Tool
Tear and Tape

Instructions

On the long side score at 1/2", 2", 7" and 8 1/2".

On the short side score at 2 1/2", 4", 6 1/2" and 8".

Fold and burnish all the score lines. Then cut as the template below


Add the dsp panels, I should have cut them out one wide, one narrow, one wide to get the pattern to continue around the box but I didn't, the last narrow panel needs to come from another sheet as it's only 6" x 6" dsp.


Add tear and tape to the outside of the skinny rectangle, flip the whole thing to the wrong side, then fold over the skinny rectangle and the panel next to it and bring the other side round to seal it shut.

I've made this box so that it will open either end but you could seal the bottom of the box if you wanted to.





Tie some matching ribbon around the box to keep it closed, I've just tied it with a knot because I couldn't get a bow to behave itself haha.

Stamp a sentiment on a scrap of very vanilla in red ink (I've used Real Red, my Cherry Cobbler needs reinking, it's Cherry Cobbler in the dsp). I think it looks ok though so just use whatever you have. Punch out the sentiment and layer it up on a green scalloped oval and add to the box using dimensionals over the top of the ribbon, this will help to keep it in place.

Punch out some red stars and add them to the sentiment and the box is complete.  I hope that you like it and will give it a try. I'll be making lots of these types of boxes for gifts using all sorts of different dsp and coloured card so keep watching out for more.

Please click on the links and see what everyone else has been up to:

If you would like to see more of my Blog Posts, sign up to the email alert over in the right hand side bar of the page.

If you would like to join my Team or become one of my Discount Shoppers, you can message me on my Facebook Page at www.facebook.com/craftykarendesigns or via the Contact Me box below this Blog.

If you are interested in taking part in some challenges and having crafty chats with like minded people and a bit of a laugh, pop over to Craft and Banter on Facebook (link in the side bar). This group is a collaboration with Taffy Crafting (Donna Lester) and Vickieloudesigns (Victoria Littlewood) and we would love you to join us.

Happy Crafting,


Karen X


Product List

4 comments:

  1. Adorably fun!! Great for Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this idea, dressing up an item for gift giving makes it all the more special

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely box Karen and such a great size x

    ReplyDelete