Tuesday 21 June 2022

Flowers of Friendship - Creative Colour Challenges #42

 Hi Everyone,


I thought I would have a go at my friend Victoria's Creative Colour Challenge #42 this week using two of the new 2022-2024 In Colours. I've teamed them with the In Colour DSP stack and the Flowers of Friendship stamp set and Flowers & Leaves Punch.


Materials

1 piece of thick basic white 5 7/8" x 8 1/4"
Scrap of basic white for stamping and punching label
1 piece of Parakeet Party dsp 3 7/8" x 5 5/8", scraps of Orchid Oasis for the flowers
Orchid Oasis ink
Basic Grey ink
Flowers of Friendship stamp set
Flowers and Leaves Punch
In Colour Matt Dots
Blender Pen
Multipurpose adhesive
Dimensionals
Trimmer
Simply scored
Bone folder
Take Your Pick Tool
Decorative Circle Punch

Instructions

On the long side score the thick card at 4 1/8" and fold and burnish to make the card base.

Adhere the dsp mat to the card front.

Stamp 4 of the large flowers on a scrap of white using the Orchid Oasis ink and punch them out. Then punch out 4 from the In Colour dsp..

Stamp the sentiment on another scrap of white and punch out with the Decorative Circle Punch, as you can see I punched it out so that the sentiment is at the side. Add the sentiment to the centre of the card using dimensionals. Stamp a sentiment on the inside of the card if required.

Colour in the centre of the flowers using a Blender Pen and ink (or a Stampin' Blend if you have one). Adhere the stamped flower to the dsp flower, offsetting the petals and bend up the stamped petals to give the flowers some dimension.  Add the flowers around the edge of the sentiment as shown in the picture using dimensionals. I added the 4th flower to the inside of the card.


Add a couple of the Matt Dots and the card is finished, I hope that you like it. Why don't you pop over to Victoria's Blog and have a go too, it's great fun.

If you would like to see more of my Blog Posts, sign up to the email alert over in the right hand side bar of the page.


New - Class in the Mail - Happiness Abounds


I am very excited to be offering my first Class in the Mail using the fabulous Happiness Abounds Bundle and the Hues of Happiness designer series paper, click on the link in the side bar to get details.


If you would like to join my Team or become one of my Discount Shoppers, you can message me on my Facebook Page at www.facebook.com/craftykarendesigns or via the Contact Me box below this Blog.

If you are interested in taking part in some challenges and having crafty chats with like minded people and a bit of a laugh, pop over to Craft and Banter on Facebook (link in the side bar). This group is a collaboration with Taffy Crafting (Donna Lester) and Vickieloudesigns (Victoria Littlewood) and we would love you to join us.

Happy Crafting,


Karen X






Product List

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful Card Karen, I love the simple yet striking design. Thank you for joining in with Creative Colour Challenges xx

    ReplyDelete