Thursday 2 June 2022

Cute Dimension Holder - In-Colours 2022-2024

Hi Everyone,



Today I am making cute little holders for my dimensionals. I first made these a few years ago following a tutorial from Angelina on Intatwyne Designs but they were getting a bit tatty so I thought I would treat myself to some new ones. They are great for customer gifts and new Team Members too. I'm a bit of a stationery hoarder and I love boxes and containers to make ordinary things look pretty, let me show you how I made them 

Materials

1 piece of card stock 3 3/4" x 10", 2 pieces 7/8" x 2 1/2"
1 piece of dsp 3 5/8" x 2 3/8", 1 piece 3 5/8" x 2 3/4", 1 piece 3 5/8" x 4 1/4"
Scraps of matching card and basic white for the sentiment
Velcro dots
Multipurpose adhesive
Trimmer
Simply Scored
Bone Folder
Ink to match the card stock
Charming Sentiments stamp set
Tear and Tape/Red Line Tape
Double Oval Punch

Instructions

On the long side score the card stock at 2 1/2", 2 5/8", 7, 7 1/8" and carefully fold and burnish, these score lines are very close together so be careful.

Score the 2 small pieces on the short side at 3/8" and 1/2", fold and burnish.


Add the dsp layers to the panels, make sure that if you have a directional pattern it faces the right way, the longer front flap comes over the top of the shorter one when it's closed.


Add Tear and Tape or Red Line Tape to the outer edges of the small pieces of card - these will form the sides of the pocket. Adhere to the inside of the front flap and then bring the other side to meet the side of the back piece to form the pocket side, repeat on the other side.


Stamp a sentiment on a scrap of white and layer up on the scalloped oval and adhere to the front flap.

Add a velcro dot to the inside of the front flap, put the other side on top and then close the holder and press, this will stick the other side to the bottom section and complete the holder.

I hope that you like my little project and will give it a try, I've used in colour card stock and teamed it with scraps from Perfectly Pencilled, Tea Boutique and In Colour dsp stack too.

Why not pop over and see what Donna and Victoria have made too:


Donna Lester

Victoria Littlewood


If you would like to see more of my Blog Posts, sign up to the email alert over in the right hand side bar of the page.

If you would like to join my Team or become one of my Discount Shoppers, you can message me on my Facebook Page at www.facebook.com/craftykarendesigns or via the Contact Me box below this Blog.

If you are interested in taking part in some challenges and having crafty chats with like minded people and a bit of a laugh, pop over to Craft and Banter on Facebook (link in the side bar). This group is a collaboration with Taffy Crafting (Donna Lester) and Vickieloudesigns (Victoria Littlewood) and we would love you to join us.

Happy Crafting,


Karen X

Product List

1 comment:

  1. They are very pretty and extremely useful - well done Karen x

    ReplyDelete