Saturday 11 June 2022

Feeling a Bit Green & Need Your Help - Ink, Stamp, Share Showcase Blog Hop

 Hi Everyone,


I wanted to play with the Subtles DSP Paper Stack - I love the patterns we have this year and I decided to pull out a colour that I don't use - Soft Sea Foam. I paired it with Pear Pizzazz because it was just too pale and the patterns didn't show up very well on a white background. I also had a play with the Let's Celebrate Embossing Folders and used the pear pizzazz again.  This card needs something more but I don't know what at the moment so I'm looking for suggestions. Sometimes, it's just a day to play with stuff and see what happens, it's not always your best work haha.

Materials

1 piece of thick basic white 5 7/8" x 8 1/4"
8 pieces of dsp 5/8" x 3 7/8"
1 piece of pear pizzazz card 2 7/8" x 5 5/8"
Stampin' Cut & Emboss Machine
Let's Celebrate Embossing Folders
Multipurpose adhesive
Dimensionals

Instructions

On the long side score the thick white card at 4 1/8" and fold and burnish to make the card base.

Lay the dsp strips out on the card front, alternating colours and patterns (I've used one piece of each pattern in the two colours). Adhere them in place on the card front alternating position as well to give this staggered effect.

Run the pear pizzazz card through the machine in the embossing folder and add to the card front using dimensionals.

NOW WHAT? What would you do next?  Maybe I'll get some inspiration from the rest of the group, please click on the links and see what everyone else is working on:



If you would like to see more of my Blog Posts, sign up to the email alert over in the right hand side bar of the page.

If you would like to see more of my Blog Posts, sign up to the email alert over in the right hand side bar of the page.

New - Class in the Mail - Happiness Abounds


I am very excited to be offering my first Class in the Mail using the fabulous Happiness Abounds Bundle and the Hues of Happiness designer series paper, click on the link in the side bar to get details.

If you would like to join my Team or become one of my Discount Shoppers, you can message me on my Facebook Page at www.facebook.com/craftykarendesigns or via the Contact Me box below this Blog.

If you are interested in taking part in some challenges and having crafty chats with like minded people and a bit of a laugh, pop over to Craft and Banter on Facebook (link in the side bar). This group is a collaboration with Taffy Crafting (Donna Lester) and Vickieloudesigns (Victoria Littlewood) and we would love you to join us.

Happy Crafting,


Karen X


Product List

6 comments:

  1. I love the idea, great way to showcase that paper and embossing folder. maybe you could add a little shine into it such as some gold, using the Bough Punch and gold foil or the Simply Elegant Trim.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. You know sometimes when you just can't think what to do next haha, well that was me

      Delete
  2. Pretty card Karen, love that you have showcased this sweet embossing folder x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great design. Maybe put a Champagne bottle on the front? Have a good week x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card Karen, thanks for sharing x

    ReplyDelete