Wednesday 22 June 2022

Hues of Happiness with Basic Borders

 Hi Everyone,


Today I've made a pretty thank you card with the Hues of Happiness dsp and the Basic Border dies. It's so easy to make pretty cards with this paper and adding a fancy edge, just takes it up a notch too. Let me show you how I made it.

Materials

1 piece of thick white card stock 5 7/8" x 8 1/4"
Strip of dsp 1 1/2" x 5 7/8"
Flowers and leaves cut from the dsp
Happiness Abounds stamp set
Starry Sky ink
Blossoming Happiness dies
Stampin' Cut & Emboss Machine
Basic Border dies
Trimmer
Simply Scored
Bone Folder
Multipurpose adhesive
Dimensionals
Glossy Dots
Paper Snips
Take Your Pick Tool

Instructions

On the long side score the thick white card at 4 1/8" and fold and burnish to make the card base.

Cut a border along the front edge of the card with one of the basic border dies. I taped the centre bit in place when I put it on the plate to die cut so that I could make sure that it was in the centre of the edge and symmetrical.


Add the strip of dsp to the inside of the card so that it butts up to the three edges of the card as shown.

Stamp a sentiment on the front and inside the card using the Starry Sky ink ad the Happiness Abounds stamp set.


Arrange the die cut flowers and leaves on the card front, above and below the sentiment. I've added some on dimensionals to give a little bit of added interest. Decorate with Glossy Dots.


A quick and easy card using minimal supplies, I hope that you like it and will give it a try. You can access 6 more designs for this pretty set with my Class in the Mail, these are exclusive designs that won't appear on my Blog. Click on the link in the side bar to get all the Options and details.



New - Class in the Mail - Happiness Abounds


I am very excited to be offering my first Class in the Mail using the fabulous Happiness Abounds Bundle and the Hues of Happiness designer series paper, click on the link in the side bar to get details.

If you would like to see more of my Blog Posts, sign up to the email alert over in the right hand side bar of the page.

If you would like to join my Team or become one of my Discount Shoppers, you can message me on my Facebook Page at www.facebook.com/craftykarendesigns or via the Contact Me box below this Blog.

If you are interested in taking part in some challenges and having crafty chats with like minded people and a bit of a laugh, pop over to Craft and Banter on Facebook (link in the side bar). This group is a collaboration with Taffy Crafting (Donna Lester) and Vickieloudesigns (Victoria Littlewood) and we would love you to join us.

Happy Crafting,


Karen X


Product List

1 comment: