Tuesday 14 September 2021

Penguin Playmates Tower Fold Christmas Card

 Hi Everyone,


Today I have made a Tower Fold card using the very cute Penguin Playmates designer series paper which is FREE with a £45 purchase until the end of September. I just love this paper, it's so bright and cheerful and lots of fun.  It co-ordinates with the Penguin Builder Punch and the Penguin Place stamp set but I have used the Heartfelt Wishes stamp set for my card today. Let me show you how I made it.

Materials

1 piece of just jade card stock 10" x 7", 1 piece 4 7/8" x 2 7/8"
1 piece of basic white 2 3/8" x 6 7/8", 3/4" x 6" for the sentiment
2 pieces of dsp 1 1/8" x 6 7/8", 1 piece 2 3/8" x 6 7/8", 1 piece 4 3/4" x 2 3/4", 2 pieces 1 1/8" x 2 3/4", scraps to punch/fussy cut some penguins
Night of Navy ink
Heartfelt Wishes stamp set
Penguin Builder Punch
Lovely Labels Pick a Punch
Trimmer
Paper Snips
Simply Scored
Bone Folder
Multipurpose adhesive
Dimensionals

Instructions

On the long side score the just jade card at 1 1/4" and 2 1/2", then turn and score the same from the other side.

Then place a ruler across the card at the 2" mark and score at 3 3/4" and 6 1/4" down to the 2" mark.

Fold and burnish the full score lines, the first is a valley and the second is a mountain, from both sides.

Fold the card on the second score line and put this fold to the top of the scoreboard and score at 1/2", 1", 1 1/2" and 2", then 5", 5 1/2", 6" and 6 1/2" down to the first score line.  Flip the card 180 degrees and repeat along the other edge. (see template).



Now cut those score lines that you have just made up to the horizontal score line, take your time so that you get them straight and exact.

Open up the card and push the the 2nd and 4th strips to the back at each side and fold and burnish the score lines.


Adhere all of the long strips of dsp to the card and punch out/fussy cut 5 penguins from the dsp and add them as shown in the picture.  Adhere the remaining piece of dsp (I have used one of the ones that is a scene) to the remaining just jade mat and add to the central section of the card using dimensionals.

Stamp the sentiment using the night of navy ink on the strip of basic white and then punch both ends with the Pick a Punch. Adhere across the top of the card with dimensionals.

I hope that you like my very cute Christmas card and will give it a try.  I've made other versions of this card in the past and there is a video tutorial on my YouTube channel, click on the links below:








If you would like to see more of my Blog Posts, sign up to the email alert over in the right hand side bar of the page.

If you would like to join my Team or become one of my Discount Shoppers, you can message me on my Facebook Page at www.facebook.com/craftykarendesigns or via the Contact Me box below this Blog.

If you are interested in taking part in some challenges and having crafty chats with like minded people and a bit of a laugh, pop over to Crafty and Banter on Facebook (link in the side bar), we would love your company.

Happy crafting,

Karen X



Product List

1 comment: