Tuesday 7 September 2021

Shaded Summer - Crafty Collaborations - Techniques Tuesday - Scoring

 Hi Everyone,







It's Techniques Tuesday and I am hopping with the Crafty Collaborations Group and the technique, this month, is 'Scoring'. So, I have made a pretty card with my current favourite, Shaded Summer, in my favourite combination, pink, white and black and used the scoring technique on the mat layer. Let me show you what I did.

Materials

1 piece of magenta madness card stock 5 7/8" x 8 1/4", 1 piece 2 1/2" x 3 1/2"
2 pieces of basic white card 3 7/8" x 5 5/8"
Scraps of black and white card for die cuts
Shaded Summer stamp set
Summer Shadow dies
Stitched So Sweetly dies
Stampin' Cut and Emboss Machine
Basic Rhinestones
Multipurpose adhesive
Simply Scored Scoreboard
Dimensionals

Instructions

On the long side, score the pink card at 4 1/8" and fold and burnish to make a landscape card base.

I have used my Simply Scored to make the score lines on the white mat layer. I laid it on the board at an angle and carefully scored in 1/2" measurements in different directions . You can see in the picture below that I have changed direction a couple of times. As long as you go slowly, it's easy enough to do. Hover your score tool along the line until you reach the card and then carefully, score to the point that you want. I then moved 1/2" and scored again and kept repeating this until I had filled the mat.



I then added this layer on dimensionals to the card front.

Die cut the third largest stitched rectangle in magenta madness and the full flowers and leaves in white and the intricate layers in black.

Stamp the sentiment in the centre of the magenta rectangle and add to the card front. Stamp another sentiment on the remaining white card and adhere inside the card. I also added one of the intricate black flower layers inside too.


Layer up the flowers and leaves and add to the card with dimensionals on the back of the flowers, I adhered the leaves so that I could tuck them in and around the flowers. Add some rhinestones to the flower centres and scatter some more around the card front for some added bling.



Click on the links below to see what my talented colleagues have made:




If you would like to see more of my Blog Posts, sign up on the pop up form and you will get my weekly Newsletter with all the details of my latest projects and news from Stampin' Up!

If you would like to join my Team or become one of my Discount Shoppers, you can message me on my Facebook Page at www.facebook.com/craftykarendesigns or via the Contact Me box below this Blog.

If you are interested in taking part in some challenges and having crafty chats with like minded people and a bit of a laugh, pop over to Craft and Banter on Facebook (link in the side bar), we would love your company.

Happy crafting,


Karen X


Product List

5 comments: