Saturday 11 September 2021

Cute Mermaid Birthday Card - Stamp N Hop Blog Hop

 Hi Everyone,



Today I am hopping with the Stamp N Hop group and the theme is 'Colouring'. I don't often colour images because I don't think I'm very good at it but I thought I would have a go with this pretty little mermaid and the Happiest of Birthdays.

Materials

1 piece of thick basic white card 5 7/8" x 8 1/4"
Scraps of melon mambo, gold foil and basic white for stamping, mats and decoration
Melon Mambo ink
Stitched Rectangle dies
Stampin' Cut and Emboss machine
Happiest of Birthdays stamp set
Pirates and Mermaids stamp set
Penguin Place stamp set
Starlit Punch
Melon mambo Stampin' Blends
Fresh Freesia Stampin' Blends
Granny Apple Green Stampin' Blends
Crumb Cale Stampin' Blends
Multipurpose adhesive
Dimensionals
Trimmer
Bone Folder
Simply Scored

Instructions

On the long side, score the thick white card at 4 1/8" and fold and burnish to make the card base.

Die cut one rectangle in melon mambo and one in basic white (approx 3 1/2" and 4" long). Stamp the mermaid on the white rectangle and colour in with Stampin' Blends then adhere to the pink rectangle.

Stamp the large sentiment from the Happiest of Birthdays on the right hand side of the card  front and the sentiment from the Pirates and Mermaids on the inside. I've also stamped the snowflakes from Penguin Place to look like stars (see picture).


Fix the stamped image to the left hand side of the card front.

Punch out some stars from the gold foil and scatter them all over the card front, the larger ones are on dimensionals, the small ones are glued.

I hope that you like my simple card and will give it a try.  Please pop over and see what my colleagues have made by clicking on the links below.


If you would like to see more of my Blog Posts, sign up on the pop up form and you will get my weekly Newsletter with all the details of my latest projects and news from Stampin' Up!

If you would like to join my Team or become one of my Discount Shoppers, you can message me on my Facebook Page at www.facebook.com/craftykarendesigns or via the Contact Me box below this Blog.

If you are interested in taking part in some challenges and having crafty chats with like minded people and a bit of a laugh, pop over to Craft and Banter on Facebook (link in the side bar), we would love your company.

Happy crafting,


Karen X
Product List

4 comments:

  1. Great card Karen. Loving the colours. Can't beat the blends. Thanks for hopping along with us this month.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute card Karen, love your colouring x

    ReplyDelete