Wednesday 1 September 2021

Basic Borders - Create With Friends - Colour INKspiration Challenge #CI106

 Hi Everyone,


Today I thought I would make a card to cover two different ideas. I wanted to have a go at the Colour Inkspiration challenge (#CI106) of Basic White, Pool Party, Real Red and Night of Navy and play with my new Basic Border dies. Here's what I made:

Materials

1 piece of night of navy card stock 5 7/8" x 8 1/4"
1 piece of pool party card stock 3 7/8" x 5 5/8"
1 piece of basic white card 3 7/8" x 5 5/8"
Scraps of basic white, real red, pool party and night of navy 3 7/8" wide (various lengths)
Create With Friends stamp set
Biggest Wish stamp set
Night of Navy ink
Stampin' Cut and Emboss Machine
Basic Borders dies
Trimmer
Simply scored
Multipurpose adhesive

Instructions

On the long side score the night of navy card at 4 1/8" and fold and burnish to make the card base.

Select your border die and place it towards the very bottom of the pool party card piece and run through the machine.

Then run all the scraps through the machine, if you place the die in the middle of the scrap, you will get two edges that you can use on this card so it doesn't take much card stock.


Adhere the pool party layer to the card front and then start to layer up the different colours going up from the bottom. The gaps between them can be measured, just eye balled or all different, it doesn't matter, it's your card.  When I got to the basic white one towards the top, I stamped my sentiment in night of navy ink and then continued layering to the top.

Stamp a sentiment on the remaining white card and adhere to the inside.


Very quick card, uses up your scraps, can be done in any colour for any occasion. I am sending this one to customers as a thank you so now off to make some more.

If you would like to see more of my Blog Posts, sign up on the pop up form and you will get my weekly Newsletter with all the details of my latest projects and news from Stampin' Up!

If you would like to join my Team or become one of my Discount Shoppers, you can message me on my Facebook Page at www.facebook.com/craftykarendesigns or via the Contact Me box below this Blog.

If you are interested in taking part in some challenges and having crafty chats with like minded people and a bit of a laugh, pop over to Craft and Banter on Facebook (link in the side bar), we would love your company.

Happy crafting,


Karen X


Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment