Sunday 26 September 2021

Simple Christmas Cards - Creator's Choice - Share it on a Sunday

 Hi Everyone,



This week for Share it on a Sunday, we are doing our own thing.  This week I have been concentrating on making quick and easy cards that use up your scraps or get you to use your designer series paper instead of hoarding it. It's no good in the drawer, get it cut up and used. Some of the papers from the Peaceful Place set are ideal for this and the 12" x 12" can be easily cut down to make 4 6" x 6" cards, let me show you how.

Materials

1 piece of thick basic white card 5 7/8" x full length of UK A4 (11 3/4")
1 piece of silver foil card 5 5/8" square
1 piece of designer series paper 5 1/2" square (Peaceful Place)
Versamark ink
Basic Grey ink
Silver embossing powder
Heat Tool
Perfectly Plaid stamp set
Stitched So Sweetly dies
Stampin' Cut and Emboss Machine
Multipurpose adhesive
Dimensionals
Trimmer
Simply scored
Bone folder

Instructions

On the long side score the card in half at 5 7/8", fold and burnish to make the card base.

Using the Versamark ink, stamp the sentiment either directly onto the dsp as I have done for two of these cards or onto some scrap white card which I have done for the third one. Sprinkle with embossing powder and set with the heat tool. If you stamp directly onto the dsp, be careful to keep moving the Heat Tool because the dsp can warp, if it does, lay it down under something heavy for a few minutes and it should flatten it again.

I've stamped on the inside of the card using basic grey but you could also emboss the inside sentiment if you wanted to.

If using the dies to cut out the sentiment, then run them through the machine and add the next size up in silver foil to act as the mat layer.

Add the dsp to the card front and add the sentiment, if separate, on dimensionals.

These cards are ideal if you have lots to make or you need a quick card, give it a try and get that dsp cut up (I'm trying to use up as much as I can so I don't end up with lots of retired papers, that's what usually happens haha).

If you would like to see more of my Blog Posts, sign up on the pop up form and you will get my weekly Newsletter with all the details of my latest projects and news from Stampin' Up!

If you would like to join my Team or become one of my Discount Shoppers, you can message me on my Facebook Page at www.facebook.com/craftykarendesigns or via the Contact Me box below this Blog.

If you are interested in taking part in some challenges and having crafty chats with like minded people and a bit of a laugh, pop over to Craft and Banter on Facebook (link in the side bar), we would love your company.

Don't forget to pop over and see what Donna and Victoria have made this week:

Donna Lester

Victoria Littlewood


Happy crafting,


Karen X



Product List

2 comments: