Wednesday 22 September 2021

Present Stack Christmas Cards - Using Up Scraps/Making DSP Go Further

 Hi Everyone,


Todays card is a great way of using up scraps or making a little bit of dsp go a long way if you are batch making your Christmas cards. I've seen these before but Mixed Up Crafts reminded me about them recently. I've made these with the Be Dazzling paper but you could use glimmer paper or foil instead, I'm using this because I have lots and it was FREE during Saleabration so I want to use it up.

Materials

1 piece of card stock 5 7/8"x 8 1/4" (cherry cobbler/evening evergreen)
1 piece of foil/glimmer 3 3/4" x 1 3/4", 1 piece 2 3/4" x 1 1/2", 1 piece 1 3/4" x 1 1/4", 1/4" strip to run through the 3 parcels (approx 5"), scrap for the bow
1 piece of dsp 3 5/8" x 1 5/8", 1 piece 2 5/8" x 1 3/8", 1 piece 1 5/6" x 1 1/8" (Tidings of Christmas/Sweet Stockings)
1 piece of basic white 3 7/8" x 5 5/8" and a scrap for the tag
Ink to match the card base (cherry cobbler/evening evergreen)
Penguin Place stamp set
Pierced Bloom dies
Pretty Pillow Box dies
Stampin' Cut and Emboss Machine
Trimmer
Simply scored
Bone folder
Multipurpose adhesive
Mini dimensionals

Instructions

On the long side score the card at 4 1/8" and fold and burnish to make the card base.

Using the stars stamp in the same colour as the card stock all around the edges of the card front to make a background.

Adhere each piece of dsp to the corresponding piece of dazzling/glimmer/foil paper and then layer them up on the front of card in order of size.

Add the strip of dazzling/glimmer/foil through the centre of the parcels as though it is a ribbon tying them all together.

Die cut a bow from the Pierced Blooms and the small tag from the Pretty Pillow box dies.

Stamp a sentiment on the tag and then add to the top of the strip of dazzling/glimmer/foil and adhere the bow over the top and secure in place with a mini dimensional.

Stamp a sentiment on the remaining piece of white card and adhere to the inside.

I hope that you like my version of the stack of presents card, why don't you give it a try too.

If you would like to see more of my Blog Posts, sign up on the pop up form and you will get my weekly Newsletter with all the details of my latest projects and news from Stampin' Up!

If you would like to join my Team or become one of my Discount Shoppers, you can message me on my Facebook Page at www.facebook.com/craftykarendesigns or via the Contact Me box below this Blog.

If you are interested in taking part in some challenges and having crafty chats with like minded people and a bit of a laugh, pop over to Craft and Banter on Facebook (link in the side bar), we would love your company.

Happy crafting,


Karen X


Product List

2 comments: