Sunday 5 September 2021

Share it on a Sunday - Sketch Challenge - Quiet Meadow

 Hi Everyone,


This week, the three of us are following a sketch challenge. I love to use challenges to get my crafty mojo going and to find inspiration. I've used the In Good Taste dsp with the Quiet Meadow and Heartfelt Wishes stamp sets and coloured the image with Stampin' Blends. Let me show you what I did.




Materials

1 piece of highland heather card stock 5 7/8" x 8 1/4"
2 pieces of basic white card 3 7/8" x 5 5/8" and a scrap for the sentiment
1 piece of dsp approx 3" x 5 5/8" cut on the diagonal
Scrap of ribbon to go under the sentiment and some for a small bow
Gorgeous Grape ink pad
Grey Granite ink pad
Heartfelt Wishes stamp set
Quiet Meadow stamp set
Highland Heather Stampin' Blends
Granny Apple Green Stampin' Blends
Trimmer
Simply scored
Bone folder
Multipurpose adhesive
Dimensionals
Tear and Tape
Mini glue dots

Instructions

On the long side, score the highland heather card at 4 1/8" and fold and burnish to make the card base.

Stamp the images on a piece of basic white using the grey granite ink and colour them with Stampin' Blends. Adhere this layer to the card front.  Add the dsp over the top, lining it up with the bottom of the basic white so that the lower end of the diagonal is on the left.

Stamp a sentiment in Gorgeous Grape ink on a strip of basic white. Add a line of tear and Tape on the back of this layer and adhere the ribbon so that it it just showing below the sentiment mat. Fix to the card front, on an angle, to cover the join between the dsp and the card stock.

Add the bow underneath the sentiment using a glue dot.

Decorate the remaining piece of basic white and adhere to the inside of the card.



Please give it a try, sketch challenges are fun, we would love to see what you make.

Please click on the links below to see what Donna and Victoria have made.


Donna Lester


Victoria Littlewood


If you would like to see more of my Blog Posts, sign up on the pop up form and you will get my weekly Newsletter with all the details of my latest projects and news from Stampin' Up!

If you would like to join my Team or become one of my Discount Shoppers, you can message me on my Facebook Page at www.facebook.com/craftykarendesigns or via the Contact Me box below this Blog.

If you are interested in taking part in some challenges and having crafty chats with like minded people and a bit of a laugh, pop over to Craft and Banter on Facebook (link in the side bar), we would love your company.

Happy crafting,


Karen X



Product List

1 comment:

  1. I love how you show the inside of the card for ideas also. Most demonstrators only show the front and I have more of a problem trying to figure out the inside.

    ReplyDelete