Monday 23 May 2022

Retro Perfectly Pencilled - Creative Colour Challenges #38

 Hi Everyone,


I'm taking part in another of Victoria's colour challenges today and I've done some colouring (I know, not my usual style) and I've taken a bit or artistic licence and added in a bit of green (couldn't have naked leaves, they just didn't look right). I think it looks a bit like retro wallpaper, I can imagine this on my Gran's bedroom wall.

This week's colours are:


Materials

1 piece of blackberry bliss card stock 5 7/8" x 8 1/4", scrap for the sentiment
1 piece of basic white 3 7/8" x 5 5/8", scrap for the sentiment
1 piece of Perfectly pencilled dsp 3 7/8" x 5 5/8"
Calypso Coral Stampin' Blends
Blackberry Bliss Stampin' Blends
Night of Navy Stampin' Blends
Night of Navy ink
Granny Apple Green Stampin' Blends
Double Oval Punch
Celebrating You stamp set
Basic Rhinestones
Trimmer
Bone Folder
Take Your Pick Tool
Multipurpose Adhesive
Dimensionals

Instructions

On the long side score the blackberry card at 4 1/8" and fold and burnish to make the card base.

Colour in the images on the dsp using Stampin' Blends (you can also use Watercolour Pencils or inks and a Blender Pen - I will add links to those below in case you are interested).

Adhere the dsp to the card front.

Stamp a sentiment on a scrap of basic white and punch out. Punch out a scalloped layer from blackberry bliss and adhere them together and mount on the card front with dimensionals.

Stamp a sentiment on the remaining piece of white and adhere to the inside of the card.

I've added rhinestones as the flower centres and a couple to the sentiment as well.

Colour Challenges can be great fun, why don't you pop over to Victoria's Blog and give it a try for yourself, she would be very happy to see you.


If you would like to see more of my Blog Posts, sign up to the email alert over in the right hand side bar of the page.

If you would like to join my Team or become one of my Discount Shoppers, you can message me on my Facebook Page at www.facebook.com/craftykarendesigns or via the Contact Me box below this Blog.

If you are interested in taking part in some challenges and having crafty chats with like minded people and a bit of a laugh, pop over to Craft and Banter on Facebook (link in the side bar). This is a new group that some crafty friends and I are trying to get up and running and we would love your company.

Happy Crafting,


Karen X


Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment