Sunday 1 May 2022

Happiness Abounds Wedding Card - Stamp Around UK Video Hop -

 Hi Everyone,





I made this pretty wedding card for the Stamp Around UK Video Hop. I've made a Bridge Fold card using this fabulous new bundle from the Annual Catalogue, it's from the Suite, Hues of Happiness and I love it.  I really like the flowers in this stamp set and I had an image in my head of a rose arch at a wedding and this is what i came up with. There is a video tutorial on my YouTube channel, link below:

Video Tutorial

Measurements

1 piece of thick basic white 7" x 7", 2 pieces 5" x 1"
1 piece of dsp 2 7/8" x 6 7/8", 4 pieces 7/8" x 6 7/8", 1 piece 4 7/8" x 7/8"
Scraps of basic white card for stamping and die cutting
Scraps of gold foil
Happiness Abounds stamp set
Blossoming Happiness dies
Stampin' Cut & Emboss Machine
Heat Tool
Versamark ink
Metallic Embossing Powders
Boughs & Leaves Punch
Love & Happiness stamp set
Trimmer
Simply Scored
Bone Folder
Multipurpose adhesive
Dimensionals

Instructions

Score the thick basic white at 1" and 2" from either end (mountain, valley, valley, mountain) to give the basic card base shape. 

Adhere all the dsp layers to the card base, the smallest strip is to go on one of the bridges across the card to give it stability.

On the remaining 5" x 1" piece of white, heat emboss the sentiment from Love & Happiness, make sure it is central (see picture). Adhere this in place across the bottom of the card and add the remaining piece with the dsp mat across the top, this will make the card stable and secure, make sure that it folds down flat to either side as that is how it will go in the envelope.

I've embossed 16 flower heads in gold for my card and the die cut them out. If you don't have the dies, they are very easy to fussy cut too. Arrange the flowers all around the sides and top edge of the card to form an arch.  Punch out some of the small buds using the Boughs and Leaves Punch and tuck them in around the flowers. I added the 3 leftover ones to the inside of the card (see picture).


This card would look equally lovely if you made the flowers in the colours of the wedding or just in soft pastel colours. Choose any dsp to suit (I've used Expressions in Ink because I wanted something with gold and that's all I had, it's retiring with the outgoing annual catalogue)or you could emboss the card instead (I only have the Gingham Embossing Folder at the moment and that wouldn't have been right in my opinion).

I hope that you like my card, I really enjoyed making it.

If you would like to see more of my Blog Posts, sign up to the email alert over in the right hand side bar of the page.

If you would like to join my Team or become one of my Discount Shoppers, you can message me on my Facebook Page at www.facebook.com/craftykarendesigns or via the Contact Me box below this Blog.

If you are interested in taking part in some challenges and having crafty chats with like minded people and a bit of a laugh, pop over to Craft and Banter on Facebook (link in the side bar). This is a new group that some crafty friends and I are trying to get up and running and we would love your company.

Happy Crafting,


Karen X


Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment