Friday 13 May 2022

Tea Boutique Diagonal Pocket Card - Stampin' Birds Fun Fold Friday

 Hi Everyone,


It's another Fun Fold Friday for the Stampin' Birds this week and I have been inspired by a project that I saw Wendy Cranford do recently. I've used the lovely new Tea Boutique designer series paper which shows off the new In-Colours and I'm using the Tahitian Tide (my favourite). Let me show you how I made it, I've tweaked Wendy's measurements to account for the difference between US Letter and A4 sizes. I've used a couple of stamp sets and several punches for this card just to show how versatile Stampin' Up! products are and how well they all go together.

Materials

1 whole sheet of Tahitian Tide A4 card trimmed to  8 1/4" x 11 1/2"
1 piece of basic white card 3 7/8" x 3 1/2", scrap for the sentiment
1 piece of dsp 4" x 5 1/2" (cut in two on the diagonal), scraps for the flowers
Scraps of parakeet party for the leaves
Memento Black ink
Tahitian Tide ink
Flowers of Friendship stamp set
Quiet Meadow stamp set
Flowers & Leaves Punch
Bough Punch
Double Oval Punch
Iridescent Rhinestones
Trimmer
Multipurpose adhesive
Dimensionals
Bone Folder

Instructions

Score the card stock at 5 7/8" on the long side and then turn and score at 4 1/8" on the short side.

Fold the card stock in half on the 4 1/8" score line and then cut diagonally (while folded) from the outer, open edge to the centre score line.  This will give you the two overlapping triangles which fold in opposite directions.  Burnish the score lines at the sides.


Add the dsp triangles to the card triangles and fold with the one you want on the top, you may need to trim a tiny piece of the end of the underneath one if the scoring is slightly out (mine was) when you fold it closed. Then add a thin bead of glue along the bottom of each triangle and fold one over the other and seal in place to form the pocket.


Stamp a sentiment towards the bottom of the basic white piece so that it won't show until you pull it out of the card. I've added splodges from the Quiet meadow stamp set and then stamped some of the small flowers on a piece of dsp and punched them out and added them to this card.  Slip this card inside the pocket and push it right down so that it shows a border of the Tahitian Tide at the top.


I stamped some additional flowers and punched them out as well as some of the boughs using some scraps of parakeet party card.

Stamp the sentiment on a scrap of white and punch out with the scalloped oval punch and add to the card front using dimensionals.  Arrange the flowers and leaves around the sentiment as seen in the picture. Add some rhinestones to the centre of the flowers.


I do hope that you like my card and will give it a try. Please pop over and see what Donna and Victoria have made too.

Donna Lester


Victoria Littlewood


If you would like to see more of my Blog Posts, sign up to the email alert over in the right hand side bar of the page.

If you would like to join my Team or become one of my Discount Shoppers, you can message me on my Facebook Page at www.facebook.com/craftykarendesigns or via the Contact Me box below this Blog.

If you are interested in taking part in some challenges and having crafty chats with like minded people and a bit of a laugh, pop over to Craft and Banter on Facebook (link in the side bar). This is a new group that some crafty friends and I are trying to get up and running and we would love your company.

Happy Crafting,


Karen X





Product List

2 comments: