Monday 23 May 2022

Perfectly Pencilled Quilting - Crafty Collaborations Blog Hop

 Hi Everyone,





Today I am hopping with the Crafty Collaborations group and the theme is 'Quilting'. I love to see quilts, I am always in awe of the talent of the crafters who make them.  I have made several small pieces of 'quilting' myself using the English Paper Piecing method and made pretty flowers using hexagons. So, when this theme came up, I knew that I would be heading for the Beautiful Shapes dies and I have used the Perfectly Pencilled and In Colour dsp and the Gingham Embossing Folder to make my square card. Let me show you how I made it.

Materials

1 piece of Tahitian Tide card stock 5 7/8" x 11 3/4", scraps for the sentiment
2 pieces of basic white card 5 5/8" square, scraps for the sentiment and to back the die cuts
Scraps of perfectly pencilled dsp
Scraps of In Colour dsp in Tahitian Tide
Tahitian Tide ink
Framed Occasions stamp set
Flowers & Leaves Punch
In Colour Bakers Twine
In Colour Matt Decorative Dots
Gingham Embossing Folder
Beautiful Shapes dies
Stampin' Cut & Emboss Machine
Trimmer
Paper snips
Bone Folder
Multipurpose adhesive
Dimensionals
Mini Glue Dots

Instructions

On the long side score the Tahitian Tide card at 5 7/8" and fold and burnish to make a square card.

Run one of the square pieces of white through the machine in the embossing folder. The card is wider than the folder so you will have to run it through twice but it's quite easy to line it up. Adhere to the card front.

Die cut 6 of the small hexagons from the perfectly pencilled dsp and 1 from the in colour dsp. Lay these out on a scrap of white card to make the flower shape and stick them down, then fussy cut around them to cut out the entire flower shape.  Add dimensionals to the back and add to the card front.

Stamp a sentiment on a scrap of white card and die cut with the 2nd smallest hexagon and then add a coloured layer to the back using the next size larger hexagon.  Add to the card front using dimensionals in the lower right corner.

Tie a bow with two strands of the twine and add to the sentiment with a mini glue dot.

Add the remaining piece of white to the inside of the card. I stamped a couple of flowers from the Framed Occasions stamp set but I smudged them so I punched out some of the larger flowers from the Flowers & Leaves punch in Tahitian Tide card and dsp and then stuck them over the smudged stamping and then put a matching one in the opposite corner.

Add some of the matt dots to the card front and the card is complete.

Please pop over and see what everyone else has made too, you are sure to be inspired, I always am.

If you would like to see more of my Blog Posts, sign up to the email alert over in the right hand side bar of the page.

If you would like to join my Team or become one of my Discount Shoppers, you can message me on my Facebook Page at www.facebook.com/craftykarendesigns or via the Contact Me box below this Blog.

If you are interested in taking part in some challenges and having crafty chats with like minded people and a bit of a laugh, pop over to Craft and Banter on Facebook (link in the side bar). This is a new group that some crafty friends and I are trying to get up and running and we would love your company.

Happy Crafting,


Karen X



Product List

8 comments:

  1. I love the embossing folder for the background. And great move to tuck the larger hexagon into the corner like that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It does look like a quilt block! So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Having a go at a bit of English Paper Piecing is one of the things on my "when I get 5 minutes" list. Great card

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute card I love the flower design and embossed background.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card Karen, love the embossed background it really makes the flower design pop x

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great card Karen - love the colour combo x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks everyone for the lovely comments xx

    ReplyDelete