Tuesday 3 August 2021

Whimsy & Wonder Meets Poinsettia Petals

 Hi Everyone,






The new Whimsy & Wonder designer series paper is beautiful and I love that it's not the usual Christmas colours. I have teamed a piece of the dsp with the co-ordinating coloured card stock to make a lovely Christmas card, I hope that you like it. I know its early but I'm always on the last minute with cards from Christmas so I'm taking advantage of the arrival of the new Mini Catalogue to get going. I plan to make a couple of cards every week and then it won't be such a rush in December (that's the plan anyway, remains to be seen whether or not I manage it, watch this space!).

Materials

1 piece of blushing bride card stock 5 7/8" x 8 1/4" and scraps for the die cuts
Scraps of mint macaron and silver foil card for dies cuts
1 piece of basic white card 3 7/8" x 5 5/8", scrap for the sentiment
Poinsettia Petals stamp set
Penguin Place stamp set
Mint macaron ink
Blushing bride ink
Stampin Cut and Emboss machine
Poinsettia dies
Basic rhinestone jewels
Double Oval punch
Trimmer
Simply scored
Bone folder
Multipurpose adhesive
Dimensionals

Instructions

On the long side score the blushing bride card at 4 1/8" and fold and burnish to make the card base.

Add the dsp layer to the card front.

Die cut the flower, leaves and berry sprigs from the Poinsettia dies. Curl the edges of the petals and leaves with a bone folder and then layer the three sizes together to make a complete flower.  Add dimensionals to the back and add to the card front in the desired position. Tuck the leaves and springs in under the petals and adhere in place.

Stamp a sentiment in mint macaron on a scrap of white card and punch out with the smaller of the ovals. Punch out the scalloped oval in blushing bride and layer the two together.  Add to the card front with dimensionals and add some rhinestones.


Stamp the large flower in the lower corner of the remaining piece of basic white in blushing bride ink and then adhere to the inside of the card.


Another pretty Christmas card to add to the pile. I hope that you like it.

If you would like to see more of my Blog Posts, sign up on the pop up form and you will get my weekly Newsletter with all the details of my latest projects and news from Stampin' Up!

If you would like to join my Team or become one of my Discount Shoppers, you can message me on my Facebook Page at www.facebook.com/craftykarendesigns or via the Contact Me box below this Blog.

If you are interested in taking part in some challenges and having crafty chats with like minded people and a bit of a laugh, pop over to Craft and Banter on Facebook (link in the side bar), we would love your company.

Happy crafting,


Karen X


Product List

2 comments: