Friday 20 August 2021

Thinking of You With Gorgeous Leaves

 Hi Everyone,


Today I have been playing with the Gorgeous Leaves bundle, the dies are fabulous, I love them. I've teamed the bundle with some cinnamon cider (not my favourite colour I have to admit) and pumpkin pie and gold foil. Let me show you how I made it.

Materials

1 piece of cinnamon cider card stock 5 7/8" x 8 1/4"
2 pieces of basic white card 3 7/8" x 5 5/8"
Scraps of gold foil and pumpkin pie card for the die cuts
Scrap of gold shimmer ribbon for the bow
Gorgeous Leaves stamp set
Pumpkin pie ink
Art Gallery stamp set
Early espresso ink
Intricate leaves dies
Scalloped Contour dies
Stampin' Cut and Emboss machine
Mini glue dots
Dimensionals
Multipurpose adhesive
Trimmer
Bone folder

Instructions

On the only side score the cinnamon cider card at 4 1/8" and fold and burnish to make the card base.

Randomly stamp the small leaves all over the card front using pumpkin pie ink. Stamp a leave on the corner of one of the white pieces of card which will be for the inside (I used pumpkin pie and stamped off once first to make it paler).


Die cut the second largest scalloped rectangle from the remaining piece of white card. Die cut three of the large leaves, I did two gold and one in pumpkin pie. I found that with my machine I had to run the gold foil ones through several times to get a good cut. If you have difficulty, add a shim or turn the die over so that the blade side is up and run it through especially if you have an old machine like mine. 

On the scalloped rectangle, I stamped the large splodge (stamp off once first) in the centre and then added the three leaves in a bundle on top of that using a dimensional where the stalks cross and a few mini glue dots underneath where they would be hidden.  Add the bow on top of the stalks and stamp the sentiment underneath in early espresso.  Add this layer to the centre of the card front using dimensionals.

There you are, a pretty, simple card using the beautiful die cut leaves. I hope that you like it.

If you would like to see more of my Blog Posts, sign up on the pop up form and you will get my weekly Newsletter with all the details of my latest projects and news from Stampin' Up!

If you would like to join my Team or become one of my Discount Shoppers, you can message me on my Facebook Page at www.facebook.com/craftykarendesigns or via the Contact Me box below this Blog.

If you are interested in taking part in some challenges and having crafty chats with like minded people and a bit of a laugh, pop over to Craft and Banter on Facebook (link in the side bar), we would love your company.

Happy crafting,


Karen X

Product List

2 comments: