Tuesday 10 August 2021

Expressions In Ink Get Well Card - Crafty Collaborations Punch Technique Blog Hop

 Hi Everyone,




Today I am hopping with the Crafty Collaborations Group and we have a Punch Technique challenge. Now I have to admit I love a punch but I had to put my thinking cap on to come with something different.  I've used the Tailored Tag Punch and the beautiful Expressions in Ink designer series paper. I hope that you like my floral Get Well Card. Let me show you how I made it.

Materials

1 piece of shaded spruce card stock 5 7/8" x 11 1/2"
1 piece of gold foil 5 5/8" x 5 1/2", scrap for the sentiment mat (2" circle)
1 piece of basic white card 5 1/2" x 5 3/8", 1 piece 5 1/2" square, scrap for the sentiment (circle 1 1/2")
Approx 1/2 sheet of designer series paper
Tailored Tag punch
Shaded Spruce ink
Lovely You stamp set
Trimmer
Simply scored
Bone folder
Multipurpose adhesive
Dimensionals

Instructions

Score the shaded spruce card on the long side at 5 3/4" and fold and burnish to make the almost square card base.

Adhere the gold foil layer to the card front.  Stamp a sentiment on the larger of the two white pieces of card and adhere to the inside of the card.

Using the smaller piece of white card, find the middle top to bottom and side to side and lightly draw a pencil line across the card to find the centre point to arrange the petals around.



Punch out 14 petals with the Tailored Tag punch.  Start arranging and adhering so that the first petal is over the vertical line and follow round as in the picture. Then lay another round over the top as in the second picture (these are scraps that was playing with when I was designing the card). The top round should cover any gaps that there were in the first, except for the centre.  To finish off, die cut two circles, one in gold and one in white and stamp a sentiment on the white in shaded spruce ink and adhere to the gold circle.  Add to the centre of the tag flower with dimensionals.

I do hope that you like my card and will give it a try.  Please click on the links below to see what everyone else has made, you are sure to be inspired, I always am.

If you would like to see more of my Blog Posts, sign up on the pop up form and you will get my weekly Newsletter with all the details of my latest projects and news from Stampin' Up!

If you would like to join my Team or become one of my Discount Shoppers, you can message me on my Facebook Page at www.facebook.com/craftykarendesigns or via the Contact Me box below this Blog.

If you are interested in taking part in some challenges and having crafty chats with like minded people and a bit of a laugh, pop over to Craft and Banter on Facebook (link in the side bar), we would love your company.

Happy crafting,


Karen X



Product List

5 comments: