Saturday 14 August 2021

Whimsy & Wonder Crossover Points Card - Pootlers Video Hop

 Hi Everyone,






I made today's card for the Pootlers Video Hop where we are showcasing products from the new Mini Catalogue. I have chosen the gorgeous Whimsy & Wonder designer series paper to make a Crossover Points Fun Fold card. Click on the link below to see the video tutorial.

Video tutorial

Materials

1 sheet of A4 polished pink card stock 5 3/4" x 11 1/2"
1 piece of basic white card 5 1/2" square, scrap for the sentiment
1 piece of dsp 5 1/2" square and 1 piece 5 1/4" square
1 piece of silver foil card 5 1/2" square, scrap for the sentiment
Perfectly Plaid stamp set
Layering Circle dies
2021-2023 In Colour Jewels
Misty Moonlight ink
Scrap of polished pink ribbon for the bow
Stampin' Cut and Emboss machine
Trimmer
Simply scored
Bone folder
Multipurpose adhesive
Dimensionals
Mini glue dots

Instructions

On the long side score at 5 3/4" and then turn on the short side and fold and burnish to make a tent fold card.

On the front of the card, mark the bottom at the centre which is 2 7/8", then cut from the centre card score line down to the mark on the right of the card front and then repeat on the left, this will leave you with the triangular shape on the card front.

Repeat this step on the 5 1/4" square dsp (2 5/8"), the 5 1/2" silver foil (2 3/4") and the basic white card (2 5/8") to get the same triangular pieces.

Adhere the 5 1/2" dsp to the inside of the card and then add the large triangular white piece in the centre making sure it can't be seen when you close the card.


Add the the foil triangles to the card front and the two side pieces that you removed. Now add the dsp triangles in the same way. Arrange the two smaller triangles so that they cross over on the card front as in the picture. I added a mini dimensional under the point of the top one to keep it level with the other sections that I glued.


Die cut the two circles, one in foil, the other in white, then stamp the sentiment with misty moonlight. Add some bling and the bow and then add to the centre of the card front with dimensionals.

I do hope that you like my card and will give it a try, it really is much easier than you would think.

If you would like to see more of my Blog Posts, sign up on the pop up form and you will get my weekly Newsletter with all the details of my latest projects and news from Stampin' Up!

If you would like to join my Team or become one of my Discount Shoppers, you can message me on my Facebook Page at www.facebook.com/craftykarendesigns or via the Contact Me box below this Blog.

Special Offer during August and September 2021



Contact me for more details.

If you are interested in taking part in some challenges and having crafty chats with like minded people and a bit of a laugh, pop over to Craft and Banter on Facebook (link in the side bar), we would love your company.

Happy crafting,


Karen XX



Product List

4 comments:

  1. A fabulous card Karen - love it! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. None of these cross over design cards have really caught my attention until now. I just got the whimsy dsp in my order today. Im off to try this out. Thanks for the inspiration Karen

    ReplyDelete