Sunday 19 July 2020

Share it on a Sunday - Mini Catalogue Favourite

Hi Everyone,

My favourite (this week anyway) from the new mini catalogue is the Red Velvet Paper - it is gorgeous! I've teamed it with the Poinsettia Petals to make a (don't shout!!) Christmas Card in July ha ha.Let me show you what I did. Underneath my blog, you will find links to Donna and Victoria's projects for today, pop over there and have a look and see what their favourites are.

Materials

1 piece of Real Red card stock 5 7/8" x 8 1/4"
1 piece of Whisper White 3 7/8" x 5 5/8" for the inside and a scrap 3/4" x approx 4" for the sentiment
1 piece of dsp 3 7/8" x 5 5/8" (I've used Heartwarming Hugs)
Red Velvet Paper for the flower
Garden Green for the holly leaves and a strip 1" x 4 1/2" for the sentiment
Real red ink
Poinsettia Petals stamp set
Lovely Labels Pick a Punch
Black enamel dot (from my stash)
Multipurpose adhesive
Trimmer
Paper snips
Memento Black ink

Instructions

Score the real red card stock at 4 1/8" and fold and burnish to make the card base.

Add the dsp layer to the front of the card.

Stamp the three sets of petals on the red velvet paper using memento black ink (make sure you leave it to dry before you fussy cut, or die cut) - ask me how I know? I was covered in black ink!.  I fussy cut them out, it's very easy.

Stamp the holly leaves on scraps of garden green card using garden green ink and fussy cut or die cut them out.

Decorate the whisper white layer and then glue to the inside of the card.

Stamp the sentiment on the 3/4" strip of whisper white and punch one end of it (you won't see the other end as it's under the flower.  Punch the end of the 1" green strip and glue them together.

Assemble the flower - you can bend the petals but be careful, I pulled one of the smaller petals off. Make sure the ink is dry and then lay them one on top of the other, offsetting the petals to make a fuller looking flower.  Arrange the holly leaves around the outside and then glue the flower to the bottom left of the card front.  I've added a black enamel dot from my stash.  Tuck the sentiment layer in under the petals and glue in place across the card front.

There you go - my first Christmas card for this year. I hope you like it and give it a try. The red velvet paper is gorgeous and it works well with the Bow Punch too!.

If you would like to see more of my Blog Posts, sign up to the email alert over in the right hand side bar of the page.

If you would like to join my Team or become one of my Discount Shoppers, you can message me on my Facebook Page at www.facebook.com/craftykarendesigns or via the Contact Me box below this Blog.

If you are interested in taking part in some challenges and having crafty chats with like minded people and a bit of a laugh, pop over to Crafty and Banter on Facebook (link in the side bar). This is a new group that some crafty friends and I are trying to get up and running and we would love your company.


Donna Lester

Victoria Littlewood

Happy Crafting,


Karen XXX

Product List 

I'm not allowed to show you images from the new catalogue yet, so I can't show you the Red Velvet Paper, the Heartwarming Hugs dsp or the Poinsettia Petals stamp set, it goes live on 4th August 2020.

6 comments:

  1. Stunning card Karen. That Poinsettia looks so life like. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, its really pretty isn't it, I've already added more of that red velvet paper to my next order, love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! what a fabulous card and that Poinsettia is amazing! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Jane, it’s very pretty and that red velvet paper is lovely xx

    ReplyDelete