Friday 3 July 2020

Fun Fold Friday #22 - Dutch Bard Fold Card Using Playful Pets

Hi Everyone,


Welcome to Fun Fold Friday, this week's card is a Dutch Barn Fold card.  There are lots of these about on YouTube and Pinterest but the ones I have seen before have been made from a sheet of 12 x 12 card and I didn't have any. I've adapted it to my own measurements so that I could get it out of a sheet of A4 card. 

There is a video tutorial over on my YouTube channel, click the link below:


Materials

1 piece of card stock 5" x 11" (I've used Real red), 2 pieces of 3" x 3 1/2" and a scrap 1" x 3 1/4" for the banner
1 piece of Basic Black 4 3/4" x 6 3/4", 1 piece 4 3/4" x 3 3/4", 2 pieces 2 1/4" x 3 1/4" and a scrap 3/4" x 3 1/8" for the banner
1 piece of Whisper White card 4 1/2" x 6 1/2" and a scrap 1/2" x 3" for the banner
1 piece of dsp 4 1/2" x 3 1/2"
2 pieces of contrasting dsp 2" x 3"
Posted for You stamp set
Memento Black ink
Multipurpose adhesive
Mini dimensionals
Detailed Trio Punch
Lovely Labels Pick a Punch
Trimmer
Simply Scored
Bone Folder

Instructions

Put the long side of the largest piece of real red card to the top of the score board and score at 7", then put the two small pieces in with the 3" to the top and score at 1/2" on each piece, fold and burnish the scorelines.

Add glue to the 1/2" tabs on the small pieces and adhere them to the bottom of the card base at the sides to form two doors. Line them up so that they are flush with the bottom of the card and the sides. 

Round the bottom two corners of the top flap to make the barn roof shape (see picture).

Adhere the basic black mats inside the card, on the top flap (don't forget to round off the bottom two corners) and the two side flaps.

Adhere the whisper white layer to the inside on top of the basic black mat - if you are adding a sentiment to this layer, stamp it before you adhere it just in case it smudges or doesn't stamp correctly, then you haven't spoilt your card.

Add the dsp layers and remember to round off the bottom two corners of the largest piece first.

Stamp the sentiment on the strip of whisper white and then punch both ends in the Lovely Labels Pick a Punch, then punch the red and black layers too and adhere them all together.  Add mini dimensionals to the left half only and adhere to the left hand door of the card as in the picture.

I hope that you like this card and will give it a try.

If you would like to see more of my Blog Posts, sign up to the email alert over in the right hand side bar of the page.

If you would like to join my Team or become one of my Discount Shoppers, you can message me on my Facebook Page at www.facebook.com/craftykarendesigns or via the Contact Me box below this Blog.

If you are interested in taking part in some challenges and having crafty chats with like minded people and a bit of a laugh, pop over to Crafty and Banter on Facebook (link in the side bar). This is a new group that some crafty friends and I are trying to get up and running and we would love your company.

Happy crafting,

Karen XXX



Product List
<!-------- TAMS End -----

4 comments:

  1. Adorable! Thank you for sharing. Love that you included the instructions and cut sizes. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Karen, I liked this card so much I’m making one for my husband and several for friends! Now I’m wondering what size envelope to use for mailing ? Thank you Joan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, from memory I think it fits in a 5 x 7 envelope x

      Delete