Thursday 9 July 2020

Artistry Blooms Monogram Messages Sketch Challenge

Hi Everyone,


Those of you who follow me will know that I regularly show you projects that are challenges.  Sometimes it's colours, sometimes a particular product and sometimes it's a sketch.  I do lots of challenges with two of my crafty friends - Taffycrafting (Donna Lester) and Vickieloudesigns (Victoria Littlewood) and we have a regular weekly one called Share it on a Sunday. Well, now Donna has challenged us to do some sketch challenges over the next few weeks to keep our creative mojo going and I'm going to use them as a chance to show you new products as well as some old favourites that I haven't used for a while.  So, here goes with my Challenge 2 of #33sketches, I hope that you like it.







(Sketch from cardztv.blogspot.com)

Materials

1 piece of Bermuda Bay card stock 5 7/8" x 8 1/4"
1 piece of Coastal Cabana card stock 3 7/8" x 5 5/8"
1 piece of Night of Navy card stock 1/2" x 5 5/8"
1 piece of Artistry Blooms dsp 1 3/4" x 5 5/8" and 1 piece 1/2" x 5 5/8" for the inside
3 pieces of Whisper White card stock 1 1/4" square and 1 piece 3 7/8" x 5 5/" for the inside
Monogram Messages stamp set
Night of Navy ink
Multipurpose adhesive
Trimmer
Simply Scored
Bone Folder

Instructions

Score the bermuda bay card at 4 1/8" and fold and burnish to make a card base.

Adhere the coastal cabana mat centrally to the card front.

Adhere the dsp layer about 1" from the right hand edge of the coastal cabana layer and then add the night of navy strip to the left of that butting the edges together.

Stamp the sentiment and the flowers on the three squares of whisper white and stamp some flowers on the inside mat before adhering it just in case you smudge it.  Adhere the 1/2" strip of dsp along the edge of the inside mat layer.  

Arrange the whisper white square to the card front overlapping the dsp section as in the picture.

This is a great sketch for showing off dsp and you could make several using different ones and each one would look completely different. Why not give a sketch challenge a go, I'd love to see what you make.

If you would like to see more of my Blog Posts, sign up to the email alert over in the right hand side bar of the page.

If you would like to join my Team or become one of my Discount Shoppers, you can message me on my Facebook Page at www.facebook.com/craftykarendesigns or via the Contact Me box below this Blog.

If you are interested in taking part in some challenges and having crafty chats with like minded people and a bit of a laugh, pop over to Crafty and Banter on Facebook (link in the side bar). This is a new group that some crafty friends and I are trying to get up and running and we would love your company.

Happy Crafting,


Karen XXX


Product List

3 comments: