Sunday 12 July 2020

Lovely You, Missing You Card

Hi Everyone,

Today's card is one I have made for a Challenge which was to design your own dsp. I love doing this, there is no right or wrong, just stamp and see what happens. It's great fun, why not give it a try?


Materials

1 piece of Bumblebee card stock 5 7/8" x 8 1/4"
2 pieces of Whisper White 3 7/8" x 5 5/8"
Lovely You stamp set
Bumblebee ink
Magenta Madness ink
Just Jade ink
Misty Moonlight ink
2020-2022 In Colour enamel dots
Lovely Labels Pick a Punch
Scraps of whisper white and just jade card stock for the sentiment
Multipurpose adhesive
Dimensionals
Trimmer
Bone Folder

Instructions

Score the bumblebee card stock at 4 1/8" and fold and burnish to make the card base.

Stamp your design on one of the pieces of whisper white - I have random stamped the flowers and the leaves in 4 of the in colours for 2020-2022. There is no right or wrong way to do this, just go for it.  I started with the largest image which is the leave flourish in just jade, then the leaf stem in misty moonlight.  Then I added a few of the larger flowers in bumblebee and then some of the smaller ones in magenta madness.  Remember to turn the block so that the images are not all facing the same way and stamp off the sides as well, it makes it look more natural.  I had a few gaps so I filled those in with the single flower in just jade and the little fleur de lis type stamp in magenta madness.

Then I stamped the sentiment in just jade on a strip of whisper white 3/4" x 3 3/4" and punched both ends of it with the lovely labels pick a punch.  I then punched both ends of a strip of just jade 1" x 4" and glued them together.

Adhere the remaining whisper white layer on the inside of the card for your message, you can also decorate this if you like. I have added a few flowers.

Add the decorated piece of whisper white to the front of the card leaving a small border all around the edges and then add the sentiment layer using dimensionals. I've also added a couple of the enamel dots to this layer in cinnamon cider.

I hope that you like my card and will give stamping your own dsp a go.

If you would like to see more of my Blog Posts, sign up to the email alert over in the right hand side bar of the page.

If you would like to join my Team or become one of my Discount Shoppers, you can message me on my Facebook Page at www.facebook.com/craftykarendesigns or via the Contact Me box below this Blog.

If you are interested in taking part in some challenges and having crafty chats with like minded people and a bit of a laugh, pop over to Crafty and Banter on Facebook (link in the side bar). This is a new group that some crafty friends and I are trying to get up and running and we would love your company.

Happy Crafting,


Karen XXX

Product List
<!-------- TAMS End

6 comments:

  1. The DSP you created is absolutely beautiful and made for a lovely card! Thanks so much for joining us at The Spot this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such fun and vibrant printed paper you have created here. I am loving all the ideas that are being shared from this challenge. Thank you for playing at The Spot this week and make sure you check out our next challenge on Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Karen, I love the use of the InColors they are such vivid colours making me happy as soon as I saw it!!! So glad that you got to play along with creating your own dsp challenge.
    Make sure you check out the next challenge it is so much fun!!
    Cheers Shaz

    ReplyDelete