Wednesday 7 April 2021

Spring in Flight - Butterfly Bouquet Card

 Hi Everyone,


Today I am sharing a card that I made for a swap, the theme was Spring in Flight so I decided to bring out the butterflies in the Butterfly Bijou designer series paper. Let me show you how I made it:

Materials

1 piece of coastal cabana card stock 5 7/8" x 8 1/4"
2 pieces of basic white card stock 3 7/8" x 5 5/8", scrap for the sentiment
2 pieces of contrasting dsp 2" x 5 3/8" and one of the larger butterflies
Piece of  Fine Art ribbon (approx 6 1/2")
Double oval punch
Butterfly Brilliance stamp set
Coastal cabana ink
Lovely You stamp set
Matte black dots
Dimensionals
Multipurpose adhesive
Trimmer
Paper snips
Simply scored
Bone folder

Instructions

On the long side score the coastal cabana card at 4 1/8" and fold and burnish make a landscape card base.

Stamp one of the butterflies on a piece of the white card using the coastal cabana ink and then adhere to the inside of the card (I have punched a circle in a piece of copy paper and laid that over the place I wanted to stamp the butterfly and stamped the butterfly through the hole -I hope this makes sense. The stamp is a large one with all of the butterflies joined together so I have only inked up the  part of the stamp that I wanted.

Add the two contrasting pieces of dsp to the remaining white piece, leaving a small border, they will overlap slightly in the centre but this will be covered by the ribbon.

Add the ribbon over the join in the dsp and fix on the reverse with a piece of sticky tape.

Fussy cut one of the larger butterflies from the dsp and add to the card front using dimensionals.

Stamp the sentiment on a scrap of white card and punch out with the larger of the ovals in the double oval punch.  Add to the card front using dimensionals.

Add some matte black dots to the body of the butterfly.

I hope that you like my card and will give it a try.

If you would like to see more of my Blog Posts, sign up to the email alert over in the right hand side bar of the page.

If you would like to join my Team or become one of my Discount Shoppers, you can message me on my Facebook Page at www.facebook.com/craftykarendesigns or via the Contact Me box below this Blog.

If you are interested in taking part in some challenges and having crafty chats with like minded people and a bit of a laugh, pop over to Crafty and Banter on Facebook (link in the side bar). This is a new group that some crafty friends and I are trying to get up and running and we would love your company.

Free Tutorial Bundle

I have joined together with a group of Stampin' Up! Demonstrators from around the world to compile a selection of 38 tutorials to give to my customers.  The Tutorial Bundle comes as a PDF file complete with pictures and instructions for all of the projects.  You can get this great resource FREE with any order over £10.



Happy Crafting,


Karen X

Product List

2 comments: