Tuesday 20 April 2021

Forever Greenery Pierced Blooms Birthday Card

 Hi Everyone,


Today's card is a mixture of using up dsp and trying out new dies. I've made a quick birthday card using the Forever Greenery dsp (it's almost all gone now!!) and I wanted to see what the Pierced Blooms were like, so ran them through the die cutting machine using basic white and some scraps. Now you know me, I don't like to waste bits lying about on my desk so I put some of them together on this card.  There are endless possibilities with these dies, they are amazing!!

Materials

1 piece of mint macaron card stock 5 7/8" x 8 1/4"
1 piece of Forever Greenery dsp 3 7/8" x 5 5/8" and a contrasting piece 3 5/8" x 5 3/8" and a 1/2" strip for the inside
1 piece of basic white 3 7/8" x 5 5/8" for the inside and scraps for the die cutting
Scraps of bumblebee and old olive card stock for die cutting
Stitched rectangle dies
Pierced Bloom dies
In Bloom stamp set
Old Olive ink
Stampin Cut and Emboss machine
Trimmer
Simply scored
Bone folder
Multipurpose adhesive
Dimensionals

Instructions

On the long side score the mint macaron card at 4 1/8" and fold and burnish to make the card base.

Adhere the two mat layers to the card front leaving equal spacing around each layer.

Die cut a selection of flowers and leaves from your scraps and stamp the sentiment and die cut that with your stitched rectangles.

Arrange the flowers along the bottom of the dsp layers and add the bow to the top left and the sentiment to the top right. I've used a mixture of adhesive and dimensionals to give some height.

Add the 1/2" strip of dsp across the bottom of the remaining basic white card and then adhere to the inside of the card.

I hope that you like my card, you will be seeing more of these pierced blooms, I think they are lovely.


If you would like to see more of my Blog Posts, sign up to the email alert over in the right hand side bar of the page.

If you would like to join my Team or become one of my Discount Shoppers, you can message me on my Facebook Page at www.facebook.com/craftykarendesigns or via the Contact Me box below this Blog.

If you are interested in taking part in some challenges and having crafty chats with like minded people and a bit of a laugh, pop over to Crafty and Banter on Facebook (link in the side bar). This is a new group that some crafty friends and I are trying to get up and running and we would love your company.

Happy crafting

Karen x



Product List

1 comment: