Thursday 18 August 2022

Tapered Treat Box - 3D Thursday

Hi Everyone,





Today I have made a cute tapered treat box that is really quick and easy to do. It would be great for wedding or party favours or even to add to your Christmas tree or festive table.  Let me show you how I made mine. I've just used scraps of dsp and punch outs, bits of ribbon, all things that were lying about on my craft table. The possibilities are endless.

Materials

Basic box

1 piece of card stock 5" x 6 1/2"
Multipurpose adhesive
Trimmer
Simply scored
Bone folder
Detailed Trio Punch (retired but you could also draw round something to make the curve)
2 pieces dsp 1 3/8" x 1 7/8" and 2 pieces 7/8" x 1 7/8"
Velcro dot (optional) to close
Mini glue dots (optional) to close
Scraps of ribbon, embellishments, punch outs (The bow is from the Scottie Dog Punch and the Star is from the Starlit Punch)

Instructions

On the short side, score the card stock at 1 1/2" from either end.

On the long side, score at 1 1/2", 3", 4 1/2", 5 1/2" and make a tick mark at 2 1/4" on both sides, you need to flip it over to do the second one which will be on the inside of the card stock but it doesn't matter.

Fold and burnish the score lines and cut as per the template, then add the diagonal score lines from the tick marks to the corners of the line below as shown.  Round the corners on the piece that will be the lid flap.


On the template above, I used the Detailed Trio Punch but on the samples, I have left them square.

Add the dsp to the front, back, lid and flap.

Add some adhesive to the side flaps and bring the folds up to the cut edges on the back and the front to make up the box.

You can either tuck the lid flap in or have it on the front and fasten with a velcro dot or a mini glue dot, whichever you like the best.  

Once you have the basic shape, you can swap and change these about to make endless versions for all occasions. Just add different ribbon to make them into a bag (these could hang on the tree), or embellishments or any little die cuts or punch outs that you have lying about.

I hope that you like my little treat box and will give it a try.  Please pop over and see what Victoria has made this week.

Victoria Littlewood

If you would like to see more of my Blog Posts, sign up to my Weekly Newsletter.

New Class in the Mail




Click on the link in the side bar for more details.


If you would like to join my Team or become one of my Discount Shoppers, you can message me on my Facebook Page at 

If you are interested in taking part in some challenges and having crafty chats with like minded people and a bit of a laugh, pop over to Craft and Banter on Facebook (link in the side bar). This group is a collaboration with Taffy Crafting (Donna Lester) and Vickieloudesigns (Victoria Littlewood) and we would love you to join us.

Happy Crafting,


Karen X




Product List

1 comment: