Sunday 2 January 2022

Share it on a Sunday - CASE a Catalogue

 Hi Everyone,





The theme to start us off in 2022 is 'CASE a Catalogue', I have chosen a card from the new Mini Jan-June Catalogue which is launching in 2 days time (4th January 2022). I've used the gorgeous new Butterflies & Flowers Layering Decorative Masks and the Celebrating You stamp set.  Let me show you what I did, the card I CASEd is on page 65:

Materials

1 piece of bermuda bay card stock 5 7/8" x 8 1/4"
3 pieces of basic white card stock 3 7/8" x 5 5/8"
Butterflies & Flowers Layering Decorative Masks
Scalloped Contour dies
Stampin' Cut & Emboss Machine
Celebrating You stamp set
Coastal Cabana ink
Bermuda Bay ink
Flirty Flamingo ink
Melon Mambo ink
Soft Sea Foam ink
Pear Pizzazz ink
Irridescent Rhinestones
Paper Snips
Multipurpose Adhesive
Trimmer
Simply Scored
Bone Folder
Dimensionals

Instructions

Masking and blending pushes me out of my comfort zone a bit and I am trying to practice more which is why I bought these masks.

On the long side score the bermuda bay card at 4 1/8" and fold and burnish to make the card base.

Using one piece of the basic white, tape the mask with the all over pattern over the top of it 



Load up your brush with coastal cabana ink and start going over the mask in a circular motion until the whole thing is covered and the colour is the depth that you want. You can make it darker by going over it several times, I wanted a paler effect.  Gently peel off the mask and give it and your hands a quick clean.  Adhere this layer to the card front.

Then tape the large open flower image over a second piece of basic white card and make sure that you mask off the rest of the piece of card so that you dont accidentally get ink in the wrong places. 

Starting with the flirty flamingo ink, gently go over the whole of the image. Then peel off and lay the other floral image over the top, make sure you line it up and tape it in place. Go over this image using the melon mambo.

Then using the leaves, tape them in place so that they will be wherever you want them around the flowers, I have done some with pear pizzazz and some with soft sea foam. It can be a bit fiddly, so just take your time.

Now using the second largest of the scalloped contour dies, die cut this floral image. Adhere this at an angle on the card front as in the picture.

Stamp a sentiment on a scrap and angle cut one end, adhere this across the floral image and lining up the flat edge with the outside edge of the card.

Sprinkle some of the fabulous irridescent rhinestones about, these are my very favourites, I love them, 2nd pack already on order.

On the remaining piece of basic white, add a small flower to the bottom right corner using the flirty flamingo ink and stamp a sentiment in bermuda bay and adhere to the inside of the card.



I hope that you like my card and will give these masks a try, they are lovely and the more you use them, the better you get haha.

Please pop over and see what Donna and Victoria have chosen to make today:


Donna Lester


Victoria Littlewood

If you would like to see more of my Blog Posts, sign up on the pop up form and you will get my weekly Newsletter with all the details of my latest projects and news from Stampin' Up!

If you would like to join my Team or become one of my Discount Shoppers, you can message me on my Facebook Page at www.facebook.com/craftykarendesigns or via the Contact Me box below this Blog.

If you are interested in taking part in some challenges and having crafty chats with like minded people and a bit of a laugh, pop over to Craft and Banter on Facebook (link in the side bar), we would love your company.

Happy crafting,


Karen X


Product List

2 comments: