Saturday 8 January 2022

Bowl of Daffodils - Ink, Stamp, Share Blog Hop

 Hi Everyone,



Today I am hopping with the Ink, Stamp Share group and I am playing with the fabulous daffodil dies and the gingham embossing folder with the Abstract Beauty designer series paper and the Sentimental Swirl stamp set.  I made lots of these daffodils in all sorts of yellow colours because daffodils aren't just one colour. I hope that you like my card and will give it a try.

Materials

1 piece of thick basic white card 5 7/8" x 8 1/4"
1 piece of Abstract Beauty dsp 3 7/8" x 5 5/8"
Scraps of basic white, old olive and various yellows (daffodil delight, crushed curry, so saffron, bumblebee)
Gingham Embossing Folder
Daffodil dies
Layering Circle dies
Memento Black ink
Blushing Bride ink
Daffodil Delight ink
Sentimental Swirls stamp set
Stampin' Up Cut & Emboss Machine
Trimmer
Simply Scored
Bone Folder
Brass Butterflies
Dimensionals
Multipurpose Adhesive
Double Oval Punch

Instructions

On the long side score the thick white card at 4 1/8" and fold and burnish to make the card base.

Adhere the dsp to the card front and add the strip that you cut off to the inside.


Die cut several daffodils, I tried out lots of different yellows and changed up which I teamed with what to get different varieties but you can do them all with just daffodil delight if you wanted to.  Build up the different flowers adhering the layers together until you have as many as you want (I used 5).  Die cut some of the stems and leaves from the old olive.

I die cut a portion of one of the large circle dies to make the bowl and then ran it through the machine in the Gingham Embossing Folder to give it texture.

Add the bowl on dimensionals to the bottom of the dsp layer and adhere the leaves and stems in place.  Add the daffodils on top of them using dimensionals.

Punch out an oval in daffodil delight card and then stamp the sentiment using the memento black ink and a sentiment from the Sentimental Swirls stamp set.

Add some of the brass butterflies to the sentiment layer and add it to the bowl on dimensionals.

I hope that you like my card, now pop over and see what everyone else has made this month.


If you would like to see more of my Blog Posts, sign up on the pop up form and you will get my weekly Newsletter with all the details of my latest projects and news from Stampin' Up!

If you would like to join my Team or become one of my Discount Shoppers, you can message me on my Facebook Page at www.facebook.com/craftykarendesigns or via the Contact Me box below this Blog.

If you are interested in taking part in some challenges and having crafty chats with like minded people and a bit of a laugh, pop over to Craft and Banter on Facebook (link in the side bar), we would love your company.

Happy crafting,


Karen X


Product List

14 comments: