Thursday 20 January 2022

Tulips, Sunshine & Rainbows for Mother's Day

 Hi Everyone,




Today I have made a vase of tulips for a Mother's Day card and teamed it with the fabulous Sunshine & Rainbows designer series paper and the Gingham Embossing Folder. I think it looks really bright and cheery, I hope that you do too. I was inspired by a challenge from my Upline (Pootles) to make a card using colours or images that contain names of food so I have used Melon Mambo and Granny Apple Green for my flowers.

Materials

1 piece of melon mambo card stock 5 7/8" x 8 1/4", scrap for the sentiment
1 piece of basic white card 3 7/8" x 5 5/8", scraps for stamping and embossing
Scraps of granny apple green card for leaves
1 piece of dsp 3 7/8" x 5 5/8"
Granny apple green ink
Melon mambo ink
Flowering Tulips stamp set 
Tulip dies
Layering Circle dies
Stampin' Cut & Emboss Machine
Memento black ink
Multipurpose adhesive
Dimensionals
Gingham Embossing Folder
Trimmer
Simply Scored
Bone Folder

Instructions

On the long side score the melon mambo card at 4 1/8" and fold and burnish to make the card base.

Adhere the dsp rainbow striped layer to the card front.

Stamp 5 melon mambo tulips on basic white card and several leaves on granny apple green card. Die cut these using the Tulip dies.  Add the centres of the flowers with memento black ink.

Emboss a piece of basic white large enough for the vase that you require using the gingham embossing folder.  Then die cut a partial circle out of the embossed layer to make the vase, I used a 3" diameter circle.

Add the vase to the card front using dimensionals and then arrange the tulips and leaves adhering some directly to the card front and adding some on dimensionals.



Stamp the sentiment on a strip of melon mambo card in memento black ink and trim closely, add to the vase.

Stamp a sentiment on the remaining piece of basic white and adhere to the inside of the card.


I hope that you like my pretty card for Mother's Day.

If you would like to see more of my Blog Posts, sign up on the pop up form and you will get my weekly Newsletter with all the details of my latest projects and news from Stampin' Up!

If you would like to join my Team or become one of my Discount Shoppers, you can message me on my Facebook Page at www.facebook.com/craftykarendesigns or via the Contact Me box below this Blog.

If you are interested in taking part in some challenges and having crafty chats with like minded people and a bit of a laugh, pop over to Craft and Banter on Facebook (link in the side bar), we would love your company.

Happy crafting,


Karen X


Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment