Saturday 8 January 2022

Daffodil Delight Bookbinder Fun Fold Card - Pootlers Blog Hop


Hi Everyone,




Today I am sharing a fun fold card that I made for the Pootlers Blog Hop. The theme is  'January - June Catalogue' and we are showcasing some of the fabulous new products available. I have used the Abstract Beauty designer series paper, Daffodil Daydream stamp set, Daffodil Dies and a sentiment from the lovely Sentimental Swirls (Million Dollar Achiever Stamp Set from our lovely Sam Hammond Donald).  Daffodils remind me of my late Mum, they were always her favourites so this was a no-brainer, I just had to get this bundle. Let me show you how I made it.

Materials

1 piece of just jade card stock 4 1/8" x 11 1/2"
2 pieces of dsp  (Abstract Beauty) 4 5/8" x 4", 1 piece 7/8" x 4"
Scraps of basic white for the butterflies and the sentiment label
Scraps of daffodil delight, so saffron and old olive card for the flowers and leaves
Sentimental Swirls stamp set
Daffodil Daydream stamp set
Daffodil Dies
Stitched So Sweetly dies
Stampin Cut and Emboss Machine
Just jade ink
Daffodil Delight Stampin' Blends
Just Jade Stampin' Blends
Gold Shimmer Ribbon
Trimmer
Simply scored
Bone folder
Multipurpose adhesive
Dimensionals
Paper Snips


Instructions

On the long side, score the just jade card at 5 3/4" and 6 3/4" and fold in half and burnish and then fold the other one back on itself - this bit will be glued together later to form the book binding element.

Adhere the dsp mat layers to the front and the spine section and the inside of the card.

Wrap the ribbon around the spine piece and tie a knot so that when you adhere the two sections together it will be trapped between the layers.  Adhere this section together, I use a couple of clips to hold it until it is dry.


Die cut one rectangle using the basic white and the second smallest die for the sentiment. Stamp the sentiment in just jade from the Sentimental Swirls set.

Stamp the sentiment on the inside layer using the just jade and add a couple of butterflies too. 

Stamp three butterflies on the remaining piece of white card stock using just jade ink and colour them in with the blends and then fussy cut them using your paper snips.

Die cut the pieces to make two daffodils, I've used daffodil delight for the full pieces and so saffron for the detailed pieces and layer them together with glue to make the flowers. Die cut a couple of leaves and stems from the old olive scraps.




Adhere the stems and leaves to the card front and then add the daffodils on top using dimensionals.

Add the sentiment layer over the bottom of the stems and leaves and then add the butterflies too.

I do hope that you like my daffodil card, I love this bundle.

Please click on the links below to see what my very talented team mates have made too:

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter



If you would like to see more of my Blog Posts, sign up on the pop up form and you will get my weekly Newsletter with all the details of my latest projects and news from Stampin' Up!

If you would like to join my Team or become one of my Discount Shoppers, you can message me on my Facebook Page at www.facebook.com/craftykarendesigns or via the Contact Me box below this Blog.

If you are interested in taking part in some challenges and having crafty chats with like minded people and a bit of a laugh, pop over to Crafty and Banter on Facebook (link in the side bar). This is a new group that some crafty friends and I are trying to get up and running and we would love your company.

Happy crafting,

Karen X





Product List

11 comments: