Tuesday 16 November 2021

Tidings of Christmas Sketch/Scrapbusting Card

 Hi Everyone,


Today I have been scrapbusting again, trying to make the most of every single piece of dsp - got to get my money's worth haha!. I saw a sketch on YouTube (Mixed Up Craft) using different size columns and decided give it a try as I like the tryptic style which uses three columns. I think I like this one too.  I've added a few of the little flowers from the Pretty Pillow Box dies and a sentiment from Heartfelt Wishes and I think this would be a great batch making/scrapbusting type card, why don't you give it a try.

Materials

1 piece of thick basic white card 5 7/8" x 8 1/4"
4 pieces of evening evergreen 3 5/8" long and then 1 each 1 3/4", 1 1/2", 1 1/4" and 1"
4 pieces of dsp 3 3/8" long and then 1 each 1 1/2", 1 1/4", 1" and 3/4"
Scraps of cherry cobbler and basic white card
Stampin' Cut & Emboss Machine
Pretty Pillow Box dies
Heartfelt Wishes stamp set
Lovely Labels Pick a Punch
Rhinestones
Evening Evergreen ink
Trimmer
Simply scored
Bone folder
Multipurpose adhesive
Dimensionals

Instructions

On the long side score the thick card at 4 1/8" and fold and burnish to make the card base.

Adhere all the dsp pieces to their card mat and adhere them to the card front leaving equal space around and in between them, starting with the widest at the left and working your way across the front to the narrowest one at the right.

Cut a 3/4"  x 5 7/8" strip of basic white and stamp the sentiment in the centre of it, then punch both ends with the pick a punch and add to the card front across the middle with dimensionals.  Stamp another sentiment on the inside of the card is required.

Die cut several of the small flowers from the cherry cobbler scraps and add them to the card front and to the ends of the sentiment label as in the picture.  Add a rhinestone to the centre of each flower and the card is complete.

I hope you like my card, give it a try, use up your scraps and see what you get, I think it's a really useful sketch design.

If you would like to see more of my Blog Posts, sign up on the pop up form and you will get my weekly Newsletter with all the details of my latest projects and news from Stampin' Up!

If you would like to join my Team or become one of my Discount Shoppers, you can message me on my Facebook Page at www.facebook.com/craftykarendesigns or via the Contact Me box below this Blog.

If you are interested in taking part in some challenges and having crafty chats with like minded people and a bit of a laugh, pop over to Craft and Banter on Facebook (link in the side bar), we would love your company.

Happy crafting,


Karen X


Product List

1 comment: