Saturday 13 November 2021

Sweet Symmetry Double Z Fold Birthday Card - Ink Stamp Share Showcase Blog Hop

 Hi Everyone,





Today I have made a fun fold for the Ink Stamp Share Showcase Blog Hop - my absolute favourite - this is the first one I learnt how to make, it's a double z fold and it's for my friends birthday. I've used Sweet Symmetry dsp and the Flowers of Friendship and Shaded Summer stamp sets and there is a video tutorial on my YouTube channel so you can see how I made it too:

Video Tutorial

Materials

1 piece of night of navy card stock 11" x 4 1/4", 1 piece 10" x 2 3/4", scrap for the sentiment
1 piece of dsp 5 1/4" x 4", 2 pieces 2 1/2" x 4", 1 piece 4 1/2" x 2 1/2", 1 piece 2 1/2" square and 1 piece 2 1/2" x 2 1/4"
1 piece of basic white 5 1/4" x 4", scraps for the flowers and the sentiment
Scrap of silver foil
Night of navy ink
Calypso Coral Stampin' Blends
Flowers of Friendship stamp set
Shaded Summer stamp set
Double Oval punch
Sprig punch
Paper snips
Multipurpose adhesive
Trimmer
Simply Scored
Bone Folder
Dimensionals
Basic Rhinestones

Instructions

On the long side of the larger navy card, score at 2 3/4" and 5 1/2", on the long side of the smaller piece, score at 4 3/4" and 7 1/2". Fold and burnish the score lines to make two Z shapes.

Add the dsp layers to the relevant panels on each of the cards. Add glue to the smallest section of the smaller one and carefully position it so that it is in the centre of the larger card and stick down. Remember that both cards fold into a Z but facing different ways, the long section of the larger one is on the back, the long section of the smaller one is the front (see picture).


Stamp some flowers on the scrap of white as well as the sentiment. Colour in the flowers and fussy cut with the paper snips. (There is a punch available, but I don't have it, I will list it in the catalogue items below though.)

Stamp a sentiment and some flowers on the remaining piece of white and adhere to the back of the card to write your message.


Arrange the flowers and the sentiment on the front of the card and sprinkle with rhinestones.

I do hope that you (and my friend) like the card.

Please pop over and see what everyone else has made, you are sure to be inspired, I always am.


If you would like to see more of my Blog Posts, sign up on the pop up form and you will get my weekly Newsletter with all the details of my latest projects and news from Stampin' Up!

If you would like to join my Team or become one of my Discount Shoppers, you can message me on my Facebook Page at www.facebook.com/craftykarendesigns or via the Contact Me box below this Blog.

If you are interested in taking part in some challenges and having crafty chats with like minded people and a bit of a laugh, pop over to Craft and Banter on Facebook (link in the side bar), we would love your company.

Happy crafting,


Karen X

Product List

11 comments:

  1. Absolutely love this Karen, it looks even better in real life sat on my window sill xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a pretty card - love the color combination. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute card Karen, love the colour combo x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow love the DSP all together like that! Pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous fun fold card design. Love the way it showcases this pretty paper.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really striking beautiful card, thank you for sharing x

    ReplyDelete