Sunday 14 November 2021

Share it on a Sunday - Scored Christmas Card

 Hi Everyone,


This weeks theme for 'Share it on a Sunday' is 'Scoreing'. It's a simple technique that can make really pretty backgrounds for your cards.  I have also used the lovely Poinsettia dies and the Heartfelt Wishes stamp set for this card. Let me show you how I made it.

Materials

1 piece of cherry cobbler card stock 5 7/8" x 8 1/4"
2 pieces of basic white card 3 7/8" x 5 5/8"
Scraps of cherry cobbler, gold foil and basic white for the decoration
Cherry Cobbler ink
Satmpin' Cut & Emboss Machine
Poinsettia dies
Double Oval Punch
Heartfelt Wishes stamp set
Trimmer
Simply Scored
Bone Folder
Multipurpose adhesive
Dimensionals

Instructions

On the long side score the cherry cobbler card at 4 1/8" and fold and burnish to make a card base.

Using the Simply Scored scoreboard and a stylus, make your design by scoring every 1/8" in different directions - I started at the bottom going left to right across the full width of the piece, then turned in 90 degrees andmade some scored down to the top of the horizontal ones. Then I turned it on the diagonal and made scored between the vertical and the top of the piece, then turned a bit more and made scores from that diagonal to the side.  Just keep turning the card until you fill in most of it and are happy - there is no set pattern, you can do as much or as little as you want.


Die cut some poinsettias and leaves and berries from your scraps and adhere them together and arrange them in the centre of the card on dimensionals.

Stamp a sentiment on a scrap of white and punch out and layer up on some cherry cobbler. Stamp a sentiment on the remaining white piece and adhere to the inside of the card.

I do hope that you like my card and will give scoreing a try.  Don't forget to pop over and see what Donna and Victoria have made too.


Donna Lester


Victoria Littlewood


If you would like to see more of my Blog Posts, sign up on the pop up form and you will get my weekly Newsletter with all the details of my latest projects and news from Stampin' Up!

If you would like to join my Team or become one of my Discount Shoppers, you can message me on my Facebook Page at www.facebook.com/craftykarendesigns or via the Contact Me box below this Blog.

If you are interested in taking part in some challenges and having crafty chats with like minded people and a bit of a laugh, pop over to Craft and Banter on Facebook (link in the side bar), we would love your company.

Happy crafting,


Karen X

Product List

1 comment: