Thursday 18 November 2021

Artistically Inked Birthday Card

 Hi Everyone,


I'm playing with the Artistically Inked stamp set again, I can't beliece it took me so long to buy it. This time I have stamped the background and then added flowers in a darker colour to make a simple but very pretty card. Let me show you how I made it.

Materials

1 piece of pale papaya card stock 5 7/8" x 8 1/4"
1 piece of gold foil 3 7/8" x 5 5/8"
1 piece of basic white 3 7/8" x 5 5/8", 1 piece 3 5/8" x 5 3/8"
Scraps of basic white for stamping
6 1/2" piece og gold shimmer ribbon
Gilded gems
Artistically Inked stamp set
Pale papaya ink
Pumpkin pie ink
Old olive ink
Paper snips
Mini glue dots
Multipurpose adhesive
Trimmer
Simply scored
Bone folder

Instructions

On the long side score the pale papaya card at 4 1/8" and fold and burnish to make the card base.

On the smaller piece of basic white, randomly stamp the long watercolour image all over to cover this piece of card and make a lovely background using the pale papaya ink.  Adhere this layer to the gold foil mat.
Wrap the gold shimmer ribbon around this mat layer about 1" from the bottom and secure on the back with some sticky tape. Then, adhere this layer to the card front.

Stamp two small flowers in pumpkin pie and two sets of leaves in old olive as well as the sentiment on scraps of basic white.  Fussy cut the flowers and the leaves and then cut around the sentiment leaving a tiny border and diagonally between the two words and then cut the ends as well.

Stamp two flowers and another sentiment on the remaining basic white using pale papaya ink and add to the inside of the card.


Arrange the two cut flowers and leaves in the left corner of the card front, over the top of the ribbon and secure with dimensionals.  Add the sentiment above and below the ribbon as shown. Sprinkle some gilded gems and the card is complete.

If you would like to see more of my Blog Posts, sign up on the pop up form and you will get my weekly Newsletter with all the details of my latest projects and news from Stampin' Up!

If you would like to join my Team or become one of my Discount Shoppers, you can message me on my Facebook Page at www.facebook.com/craftykarendesigns or via the Contact Me box below this Blog.

If you are interested in taking part in some challenges and having crafty chats with like minded people and a bit of a laugh, pop over to Craft and Banter on Facebook (link in the side bar), we would love your company.

Happy crafting,


Karen X


Product List

2 comments: