Saturday 27 November 2021

Flowers of Friendship Thank You Card - Birds Showcase Blog Hop

 Hi Everyone,





Today I have been colouring - not something I often do but I thought it was time to get out of my comfort zone and try some watercolour pencils with the Flowers of Friendship bundle. Let me show you what I did.

Materials

1 piece of just jade card stock 5 7/8" x 8 1/4", scrap for the sentiment mat
2 pieces of basic white 3 7/8" x 5 5/8" and a scrap for the sentiment, scraps for stamping flowers
Flowers of Friendship stamp set
Flowers & Leaves Punch
Watercolour Pencils
Blender Pens
Pretty Flowers Embossing Folder
Stitched Rectangle dies
Stampin' Cut & Emboss Machine
Trimmer
Simply Scored
Bone Folder
Multipurpose adhesive
Dimensionals
Memento Black ink

Instructions

On the long side score the just jade card at 4 1/8" and fold and burnish to make the card base.

Run one piece of the basic white through the Cut & Emboss machine in the Pretty Flowers embossing folder and then adhere to the card front.  

Using watercolour pencils, colour in a selection of flowers in both sizes and then go over them with the blender pen to give them the watercolour wash and even out the colouring.  Arrange them across the width of the card, adding the smaller ones on dimensionals.

Stamp the sentiment for the front on a scrap and die cut with the smallest of the stitched rectangles and layer up on the next size cut out in just jade.  Add to the card front at the bottom right.

Stamp a sentiment on the remaining piece of basic white and adhere to the inside of the card and add another couple of coloured in flowers.

I hope you like my pretty card, please pop over and see what the rest of the team have been up to, Tracy is up next



If you would like to see more of my Blog Posts, sign up on the pop up form and you will get my weekly Newsletter with all the details of my latest projects and news from Stampin' Up!

If you would like to join my Team or become one of my Discount Shoppers, you can message me on my Facebook Page at www.facebook.com/craftykarendesigns or via the Contact Me box below this Blog.

If you are interested in taking part in some challenges and having crafty chats with like minded people and a bit of a laugh, pop over to Craft and Banter on Facebook (link in the side bar), we would love your company.

Happy crafting,


Karen X


Product List

3 comments: