Sunday 6 September 2020

Share it on a Sunday Colour Challenge Card - Let's Cheer You Up

 Hi Everyone,


It was my turn to pick the challenge for Share it on a Sunday this week and I picked a colour challenge - Rococco Rose, Seaside Spray and Gorgeous Grape. I've added some silver foil to my card to make a pretty to cheer someone up - we all need that now and again. The links to Donna and Victoria's projects are below, don't forget to pop over and have a look.  Let me show you how I made my card:

Materials

1 piece of gorgeous grape card stock 5 7/8" x 8 1/4"
2 pieces of whisper white 3 7/8" x 5 5/8"
Scraps of silver foil, gorgeous grape, seaside spray and rococco rose card stock
Wreath Builder dies
Forever Flourishing dies
Die cutting machine
Lovely You stamp set
Gorgeous grape ink
Trimmer
Simply scored
Bone folder
Basic pearls
Mini dimensionals
Multipurpose adhesive

Instructions

Score the gorgeous grape card at 4 1/8" on the long side and fold and burnish to make the card base.

Stamp the sentiment in the top right hand corner with gorgeous grape ink.

Die cut the large leaf branch from Forever Flourishing dies and some smaller leaves from the Wreath Builder dies in the silver foil.  Then die cut a selection of the flowers from the Wreath Builder set in the colours of the challenge.

Adhere the leaf branch to the whisper stamped layer starting at the bottom left corner and bringing it diagonally across the layer.  Arrange the larger flowers first, I have glued some of the them and put others on dimensionals.  I have used some of the smaller flowers as the flower centres for the larger ones, alternating colours to make it more interesting.  Add inas many of the smaller flowers and other leaves as you like until you are happy with the design.

Add the card front and the whisper white inside layer to the card base.

I have added tiny pearls to the centres of all the flowers to finish it off. I hope that the recipient will like this pretty card and that it does cheer them up.

If you would like to see more of my Blog Posts, sign up to the email alert over in the right hand side bar of the page.

If you would like to join my Team or become one of my Discount Shoppers, you can message me on my Facebook Page at www.facebook.com/craftykarendesigns or via the Contact Me box below this Blog.

If you are interested in taking part in some challenges and having crafty chats with like minded people and a bit of a laugh, pop over to Crafty and Banter on Facebook (link in the side bar). This is a new group that some crafty friends and I are trying to get up and running and we would love your company.

Donna Lester

Victoria Littlewood



Happy Crafting,


Karen XXX


Product List

2 comments:

  1. Wow! your card is stunning Karen. Love the colours and foiled leaves xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card Karen, those foil leaves really do add a little bit of shine!!

    ReplyDelete