Friday 25 September 2020

Fun Fold Friday #34 Under My Umbrella Tent Fold Flip Front

 Hi Everyone,


Welcome to my Fun Fold Friday series and this week I have made a fun fold using the lovely Under My Umbrella stamp set and matching punch. I'm calling it a Tent Fold Flip Front but I have no idea what the correct name is, there are lots of cards out there that are just fun folds. There is a video tutorial over on my YouTube channel, please click on the link below.

https://youtu.be/QDQlQz7l68Q

Materials

1 piece of coastal cabana card stock 4 1/8" x 11 3/4" (full length of A4) and 1 piece 2" x 5"
1 piece of whisper white 3 7/8" x 5 5/8" and 1 piece 2 3/4" x 3 3/4"
1 piece of dsp 4" x 5 3/4", 1 piece 3" x 4"
Scrap of dsp for the umbrella and the wellies
Coastal cabana ink
Under my Umbrella stamp set
Umbrella Builder punch
Trimmer
Simply Scored
Bone folder
Multipurpose adhesive

Instructions

On the long side, score the coastal cabana card at 5 7/8" and fold and burnish to make a tent fold card. Score the 2" x 5" strip at 1" on t e long side and fold and burnish.

Add glue to the 1" section of the strip and adhere to the inside of the card, butting the fold up to just over the edge of the card so that when you close the tent fold, this piece will fold over the front, see picture.


Adhere the dsp layer to the card front.

Punch an umbrella out of the scrap of dsp and stamp some wellies on the scrap and fussy cut them out. As my dsp is quite plain, I have stamped some flowers onto it too.

Stamp the sentiment on the whisper white layer and arrange the umbrella and wellies and adhere in place. I've also stamped some flowers on this and the inside layer too.

Adhere the stamped layer to the smaller dsp layer and then add glue to the centre back of this and adhere to the strip going across the card so that it site centrally on the card.

There you go, another quick and simple card, I also made a calypso coral version. I hope that you like it and will give it a try.



If you would like to see more of my Blog Posts, sign up to the email alert over in the right hand side bar of the page.

If you would like to join my Team or become one of my Discount Shoppers, you can message me on my Facebook Page at www.facebook.com/craftykarendesigns or via the Contact Me box below this Blog.

If you are interested in taking part in some challenges and having crafty chats with like minded people and a bit of a laugh, pop over to Crafty and Banter on Facebook (link in the side bar). This is a new group that some crafty friends and I are trying to get up and running and we would love your company.

Happy Crafting,


Karen XXX



Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment