Wednesday 16 September 2020

Gorgeous Posies Get Well Card

 



Hi Everyone,

Today I am playing with the Gorgeous Posies stamp set.  I have made a card which is just a #simplestamping card to show you how you can make a pretty card with just paper, ink and stamps.

Materials

1 piece of night of navy card stock 5 7/8" x 8 1/4"
1 piece of Granny apple green card stock 4" x 5 3/4"
1 piece of whisper white 3 7/8" x 5 5/8" and 1 piece 3 3/4" x 5 1/2" (stamping layer)
Gorgeous Posies stamp set
Lovely You stamp set
Flirty Flamingo ink
Granny Apple Green ink
Multipurpose adhesive
Trimmer
Simply scored
Bone folder

Instructions

Score the night of navy card stock on the long side at 4 1/8" and fold and burnish to make the card base.

I practised stamping the flowers from Gorgeous Posies first because this is the first time that I have used this stamp set and I made a couple of masks by stamping on some scrap paper and cutting out the images so that I could place them over the image to stamp again at the side of it.

I started by stamping a flower in flirty flamingo in the bottom left hand corner and stamping it slightly off the paper, then masked that image and stamped a second generation image just above it. I then stamped another full strength image towards the right hand side, again slightly off the page, then another  one in the top right.  I then stamped second generation next to the top one and just the end of a petal next to the bottom one.

I then started to stamp the twiggy looking, ferny image around the flowers by masking the flower and stamping first and second generation twigs/ferns around it using granny apple green.

I used night of navy ink with the dotty image and stamped first and second generation on the flowers to correspond with the strength of stamping of the flower.

I then used the little flower from Lovely You to fill in some of the spaces around the flowers in granny apple green.

To complete the stamping on the card front, I used night of navy ink to stamp the sentiment on the top left.

I've stamped some of the little flowers on the inside layer before adhering in place inside the card.

Adhere the granny apple green layer to the card front leaving a tiny border and then fix the stamped layer to the card front leaving a slightly larger granny apple green border around the stamped image.

I hope that you like this and will give it a try.

If you would like to see more of my Blog Posts, sign up to the email alert over in the right hand side bar of the page.

If you would like to join my Team or become one of my Discount Shoppers, you can message me on my Facebook Page at www.facebook.com/craftykarendesigns or via the Contact Me box below this Blog.

If you are interested in taking part in some challenges and having crafty chats with like minded people and a bit of a laugh, pop over to Crafty and Banter on Facebook (link in the side bar). This is a new group that some crafty friends and I are trying to get up and running and we would love your company.

Happy Crafting,


Karen XXX




Product List

2 comments: