Wednesday 30 September 2020

Mystery Stamping Happiest of Birthdays

 Hi Everyone,


Today's card is one that I made following a Mystery Stamping video by Sharon Armstrong (TX Stampin' Sharon). She gives you a list of supplies and then you can craft along following the 'clues' that she gives you. No two cards turn  out the same and there are always different interpretations of the instructions too.  Check her out on YouTube, she does lots of these videos and they are great fun, you have no idea what you are making until it is done.  let me show you how I made my interpretation.

Materials

1  piece of whisper white 5 1/2" x 4 1/4", 1 piece 1" x 5 1/2", 1 piece 2 1/4" x 3 1/4" and 1 piece 1 3/4" x 3 1/4" (this was my addition)
1 piece of dsp 1 3/4" x 5 1/4" and 1 piece 3/4" x 5 1/4" (I used Flowers for Every Season)
1 piece of co-ordinating dsp 5 1/4" x 4" (this was my addition)
1 piece of card stock that co-ordinates with your dsp 2 1/2" x 3 1/2" (I used misty moonlight)
Happiest of Birthdays stamp set
Lovely You stamp set
Misty moonlight ink
Trimmer
Simply scored
Multipurpose adhesive

Instructions

Score the whisper white on the long side at 4 1/4", fold and burnish to make the card base. It's a landscape card and the fold goes at the top.

Adhere the dsp layer to the fold over at the top leaving a border all around the edge.

Adhere the dsp strip to the whisper white strip, this is the piece for the bottom and will be attached to the card later.

Adhere the contrasting dsp to the inside of the card leaving a border all around.

Stamp a sentiment on the larger of the two whisper white rectangles that you have left, I've added a few flowers around the edges too.  Adhere this layer to the misty moonlight layer.

This piece will be the bridge between the top and the bottom of the card and can either go horizontally or vertically depending on the stamped sentiment.  I chose horizontal for mine.  Add a line of adhesive to both long sides of the misty moonlight layer, line up the whisper white strip so that it is flush with the bottom of the card and then fix the 'bridge' to top and bottom.  It can be in the centre or to one side, it is up to you.

I have adhered the remaining rectangle on the inside of the card so that it is hidden by the 'bridge' section on the front and it is somewhere to write your message.

i hope you like my interpretation of Sharon's instructions, check her out, she makes some amazing projects.

If you would like to see more of my Blog Posts, sign up to the email alert over in the right hand side bar of the page.

If you would like to join my Team or become one of my Discount Shoppers, you can message me on my Facebook Page at www.facebook.com/craftykarendesigns or via the Contact Me box below this Blog.

If you are interested in taking part in some challenges and having crafty chats with like minded people and a bit of a laugh, pop over to Crafty and Banter on Facebook (link in the side bar). This is a new group that some crafty friends and I are trying to get up and running and we would love your company.

Happy Crafting,


Karen XXX


!-------- TAMS Start ----------> Product List

1 comment: