Thursday 24 September 2020

Feels Like Frost Sour Cream Container for Hand Cream Gift

 Hi Everyone,



Today I have made a container for a cute little tube of hand cream, it's called a sour cream container and I saw it originally on Pootles a few years ago but had never had a go at it so I thought I would give it a try.  It is really quick and simple to do and great for quick craft fair makes or little gifts and looks different depending on how you close it and what dsp you use.  There is also a picture of one that I made with our dsp that matches every colour we have, so endless possibilities.

Materials

1 6" x 6" sheet of designer series paper
Tear n tape/red line tape (needs to be strong)
Scrap of whisper white
Oval dies
Stampin Cut and Emboss machine
Arrange a Wreath stamp set
Mini glue dots to secure embellishments
Ink to match dsp for the sentiment
Bone folder
Multipurpose adhesive



Instructions

Add tear n tape (or similar) to the reverse of two sides of the 6" x 6" square, remove the backing from just one of them.  Fold the two sides together so that the sticky side will just overlap the other to form a tube and seal. You might need to lie it down and put your bone folder inside to press down on the seal.

This seam needs to be in the middle of the back when you seal the bottom, you might want to test this before you seal it, especially if you have a directional print to your paper. When you have one edge as the bottom the seam is at the back, if you seal the other end, the seam appears at the side.  If you want to, you can just seal up both ends, but don't forget to fill it first ha ha.



Die cut the oval that is closest in size to fit across the top of the tube when it is folded in half (mine was approx 4" from top to bottom and 2" across the centre).  You don't need to score it in half, just fold it gently over the top of the tube.  I have stamped my sentiment on one half of it and then secured the back of it to the tube using glue.  

You can leave the top open and put a small velcro dot under the front flap if you want to be able to open and close it. It you want to put sweet treats in, I would suggest that secure the top and then glue the front flap down, this is what i have done.

Decorate with flowers or other embellishments - these are all bits and pieces that I had left over from other projects.

I hope that you like this quick and easy project and will give it a try.

If you would like to see more of my Blog Posts, sign up to the email alert over in the right hand side bar of the page.

If you would like to join my Team or become one of my Discount Shoppers, you can message me on my Facebook Page at www.facebook.com/craftykarendesigns or via the Contact Me box below this Blog.

If you are interested in taking part in some challenges and having crafty chats with like minded people and a bit of a laugh, pop over to Crafty and Banter on Facebook (link in the side bar). This is a new group that some crafty friends and I are trying to get up and running and we would love your company.

Happy Crafting,


Karen XXX


Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment