Thursday 3 September 2020

Monogram Messages Baby Card

Hi Everyone,

Those of you who follow me will know that I regularly show you projects that are challenges.  Sometimes it's colours, sometimes a particular product and sometimes it's a sketch.  I do lots of challenges with two of my crafty friends - Taffycrafting (Donna Lester) and Vickieloudesigns (Victoria Littlewood) and we have a regular weekly one called Share it on a Sunday. Well, now Donna has challenged us to do some sketch challenges over the next few weeks to keep our creative mojo going and I'm going to use them as a chance to show you new products as well as some old favourites that I haven't used for a while.  So, here goes with my Challenge 17 of #33, I hope that you like it.

(sketch from cardztv.blogspot.com)

Materials

1 piece of balmy blue card stock 5 7/8" x 8 1/4"
2 pieces of whisper white card 3 7/8" x 5 5/8", 3 pieces 1" square and 1 piece 3/4" x 3"
1 piece of dsp 1 3/4" x 5 3/8" (I used subtles dsp stack)
Monogram Messages stamp set
Balmy Blue ink
Multipurpose adhesive
Dimensionals
Trimmer
Simply scored
Bone folder

Instructions

Score the balmy blue card stock on the long side at 4 1/8" and fold and burnish to make the card base.

Place the dsp mat on one of the whisper white layers to see the position while you stamp the B and 'baby' in balmy blue ink, just in case you mess up the stamping and then you haven't wasted the dsp. Then adhere the strip of dsp on the left hand side of this piece.

Stamp balloons on each of the 1" squares and a sentiment on the 3/4" strip with the balmy blue ink.  I've also stamped some balloons on the other whisper white layer before adhering it to the inside of the card.

Glue the 1" panels centrally on the dsp layer making sure to leave enough room at the bottom for the sentiment. Then add the sentiment using dimensionals.  Another quick and simple card that could be changed up with different colours or even for different occasions.

Why don't you give the sketch a try, you can use whatever you want and it will be a unique card.

If you would like to see more of my Blog Posts, sign up to the email alert over in the right hand side bar of the page.

If you would like to join my Team or become one of my Discount Shoppers, you can message me on my Facebook Page at www.facebook.com/craftykarendesigns or via the Contact Me box below this Blog.

If you are interested in taking part in some challenges and having crafty chats with like minded people and a bit of a laugh, pop over to Crafty and Banter on Facebook (link in the side bar). This is a new group that some crafty friends and I are trying to get up and running and we would love your company.

Happy Crafting,


Karen XXX



Product List

3 comments: